“Lunch”
Review of Masalah Grill

Masalah Grill
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

I believe this was the best Indian cuisine I’ve ever eaten. Not that I’m an expert but well prepared. Don’t be turned away by appearance from the street.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 3 June 2018

this is a small stand alone building but the food is really good all freshly cooked and served or you can carry out. the place is small and cannot accomodate more than 20 people at a time

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 7 May 2018

I called for takeout. I did ask for all white breast meat in the Chicken Tikka Masala and was told there was a $4 upcharge, which I accepted. They told me the food would be ready in 30 minutes. I got there in 35 minutes and they said 5 more minutes. Unfortunately they only put in the order when I got there and had to wait another 25 minutes. Instead of apologizing, the owner tried to blame the delay on the "special order" of white meat. That is a bunch of nonsense as he was willing to charge extra for the order and he didn't tell me it would be 1 hour. I have eaten Indian food my whole life and worked at two Indian restaurants. The food is good but not worth the headache or price!!, as the chicken tikka cost $19 and you get about 5 pieces of meat.

Date of visit: May 2018
Masalah G, Owner at Masalah Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Sir I have left a response for you on multiple places but Incase you keep missing it here it is again.

Thank you for your feedback. I understand what happened and I would also be extremely upset as you were. A little back story to exactly what happened that night. Your order was placed exactly when you called unfortunately it didn’t appear on the screen for the chef and I apologize for that but things happen when technology is involved which isn’t your fault at all. Luckily we were able to catch the mistake when you came in otherwise you would have gotten a dark meat order. We do not prepare anything in advance and use only dark meat in all our dishes so when you place a white meat order for a chicken tikka masala we have to cook that chicken in the tandoor first before making it into the dish. That’s why it took much more than an average time. I apologize for your inconvenience it is not often the system fails but it did and this mishap took place. I hope you would give us another chance to make it right for you by giving you chicken tikka masala with white meat on us I believe you ordered 2 so anytime you want it it’s there for you. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Was a little crazy when i was there. Daughter who runs the place was arguing with her dad to the point I almost walked out. Foods just average for Indian.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 25 February 2018

The food was very tasty and a good for take out. Definitely will be back to try some of their other dishes.

Date of visit: December 2017