The Stone House Bed and Breakfast
Rodeway Inn(Kingston)
Courtyard Kingston(Kingston)
Residence Inn Kingston(Kingston)
View Hotel
All reviewshomemade granolab bplank floorshudson valleydutch settlersbard collegebeautiful roomenjoyed our staycomfortable bedsesopus creekgirl with the pearl earringkingstonhostsjacuzzicatskillconditionersoap
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I just got back from my Second visit to The Stone House Bed and Breakfast. We stayed in December while looking for a home up in the area, and when I went back this week I immediately called up the proprietors because this house is a wonderful place to stay.

I feel like I must respond to "Lindabutti's "Disappointing" review, not because I'm friends with the owners but simply because I believe what she wrote is inaccurate. The Inn is wonderfully decorated in the old dutch style - simple, uncluttered, extremely clean and warm. I've been staying at B&B's for years now, and what I like most about this place is probably all the reasons Linda doesn't like it. It's Clean, Historically accurate, perfectly appointed,very convenient and feels like a home. I believe what Lindabutti is looking for is a gaudy, overly-cluttered 'european' experience: which if she has ever visited a true dutch home - she won't find it.

The reason we like to stay here is the total silence, the beautiful views of the Esopus river, the spotless and beautiful rooms and kind service. Breakfast is spot on - it will keep you full all day: Freshly baked breads, granola and a full on egg/pancake/meat option. And most of all, the proprietors are wonderful; friendly, helpful and they don't hover like some Inn owners.

To recap - Great location for Ulster County visits, Great Service, Clean and Beautiful rooms, Historically accurate with modern day accruements, and friendly owners: we will be back!

Room Tip: IF you can choose a room that faces the river - it's a wonderful way to wake up in the morning!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 January 2013

My husband and I were totally unprepared for this B&B.....we expected a warm, decorated, lush, beautiful room with a European experience, as was advertised, but we found the place to be very average. First of all, they advertised a fireplace; great idea, it's winter! There was a fireplace, but it didnt work, it had only candles in it. The house had nice features, but they were not brought out as much as they could be; the decor was sparse and not not nicely decorated. Our room was a great disappointment; although it had a canopy bed, it was barely decorated and felt uninviting and cold. The bed was very comfortable, the tub was excellent, the food very good, but that was it....For the expensive price, it should have been more carefully thought about and more inviting. It was not.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lindabutti
Reviewed 15 September 2012

We spent a couple of nights at the Stone House while visiting the Hudson Valley area. The location was perfect for exploring the area and was actually surprisingly close to Woodstock as well. The B&B was extremely charming with both historic appeal and modern amenities. Sam and Nadia provided great assistance in planning for both day hikes and sight-seeing. They offered fantastic breakfast options with wonderful artisan style breads! The room was well appointed, comfortable, and spotless. We did not have a television in our room which actually made for a more relaxing/quiet stay. We will definitely return during our next Hudson visit.

Room Tip: Not all rooms are appointed with televisions.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2012

This was our first bed and breakfast experience, and it couldn't have been any better. The owners are so polite and helpful, and great cooks. Breakfast was eggs Benedict, homemade bread, homemade granola, and they even gave us a celebratory muffin for our anniversary! The house is remarkable and beautiful, historical yet modern. The room we stayed in was the Geographer, which had a whirlpool. Everything was so clean and immaculate. It is close to Rhinebeck and Hyde Park (20 minutes), if you want to visit the Vanderbilt Mansion or FDR's home.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We spent a lovely two nights at this elegant bed and breakfast inn, full of art and antiques. The rooms (with air-conditioning!) and beds were very comfortable and complete in all particulars. The hosts were kind and attentive, and breakfast was excellent, the waffles feather-light, the best I've ever eaten. The inn is well located near Uptown Kingston and a 20-minute drive to Woodstock or Saugerties. An excellent value.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple