“Beautiful”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hurley B&B and Inns
Kihei, Hawaii
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

My son was recently married at Twin Lakes Lodge. The staff could not have been nicer. From planning to check-in to check-out, it was lovely. Gail was very helpful through the planning stages. The wedding itself was lakeside and very romantic. The cabins are a bit rustic, but comfortable. The grounds are well-maintained and beautiful. Our guests all had good things to ssay about the food and accomodations. All in all, it was great and I would highly recommend Twin Lakes Lodge.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank traveller11598

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Frederick, MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stayed at the Twin Lakes Hotel for two nights on our summer road trip through the Hudson river valley in the summer of 2013. We booked it based on the price, proximity to the Catskill Mountains and the advertised outdoor activities. The location of the hotel was very convenient, we were close to New Paltz, Kingston and Woodstock, which we visited while there. The rooms were pretty small, no fridge, the furniture and bathrooms were dated and the room had some bugs but it was not the worst we have seen. My wife wanted to leave the first night but because we got there late and really didn't have many options we decided to stay. I am glad we did though because the next two days my son and I had the best fishing experience we have ever had. In a small lake behind the cabins we caught the most and biggest number of crappie, blue gills and my record large mouth bass. We couldn't get enough of it. It was like fishing heaven. So, if you are looking for a nice comfortable room near the mountains you are probably better off paying a little extra for a nice bed and bathroom but if you OK with so-so and want to go fishing this place is totally worth it! Have fun.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank IKE77
Allegany, NY USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

My son's wedding was held the 1st weekend of October, 2012 We had a welcoming party Friday evening, instead of a rehearsal party, so that everyone in town Friday could participate. The food was excellent, as was the entire staff. The ceremony was the following day, on the lakeside, followed by the reception in the pavilion, and that was followed by a huge bonfire from 10pm to ???
Again, Saturday, the food, the staff, management and owners were superb. They all went above and beyond what you would expect. The entire weekend was major fun and relaxing.
Finally, the on site accommodations, 8 cabin/cottages and 6 motel style rooms were fantastic. Warm, comfortable and clean, and reasonably priced. Not pricey high end hotel rooms, but perfect for the immediate relatives and wedding party. The off site guests were easily shuttled back and forth. A great time at a great place, and a great couple were all smiles all weekend.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank PeterAllegany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012 via mobile

Lots of amenities (gazebo, pool, lake)...we even saw a bunny hopping in the grass. The staff is very kind, the rooms are lovely …................................................................................................................................

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Egokaite
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

Here's the Truth & the whole truth, this is were I got married & engaged.
The owner Mark is a great guy & the site is immaculate, from the 1st time we stayed we loved it, the lodges are cute and the outdoor pool is clean & nice.

We got a great deal for pur wedding and for us what was really special was that all our 150 guests had to stay either on site or in the local Hotel, so of course everyone had a great time.

You know it's the truth!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank TruthRUS
Troy, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

My High School class recently held our 40th reunion here. This place is stuck in the 1960's. The dinner buffet was terrible. The food was unappetizing, bland and over cooked. The motel room was clean (the one plus about this place) but very dated in layout and decor. No sound proofing between rooms either. Fortunately I was there for only one night. $143 (inc. tax) for one night, way overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Oreo869

Travellers are raving about these Hurley hotels

Hudson Valley NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2010

My sister's wedding was held at Twin Lakes. The rehearsal dinner, wedding and reception were fantastic,. We were so pleased, we hope to have my parent's 50th wedding anniversary party there next year.

After the reception I stayed in one of the cottages with my parents and my daughter. I was expecting a cabin, but the room was beautiful. It appeared freshly painted, and the carpet looked new. There were quilts on the beds and prints on the walls. The bathroom was spotless, everything seemed new and fresh. Stacks of towels, and the closet had extra pillows and blankets.

The pool area was very nice, but we were too busy to take advantage of it. The grounds were beautifully landscaped and there were a couple of gazebos.

Our only complaint was the second bed in our cabin that I shared with my daughter was noisy, and uncomfortable. The larger bed was great. And the room was very bright in the morning. There was no curtain covering the window at the top of the door so the sun came in right in our faces. The curtains on the bigger window were also very thin. We were all awake early due to the bright room, not what we were hoping for after a wedding.

My sister and her new husband stayed in the honeymoon suite, the rest of the bridal party also rented rooms or cabins. Everyone was very happy with their stay. I was surprised and pleased at how nice the rooms were and would happily stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
6 Thank karemore
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hurley
The Woodstock Inn on the Millstream
Minnewaska Lodge
Minnewaska Lodge
#1 of 1 in Gardiner
The Stone House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Twin Lakes Lodge? Share your experiences!