“No Complaints” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nelson's Cottages

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Inlet
Nelson's Cottages
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Inlet
Hamburg, New York
“No Complaints”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

The ADK Moutains and Nelson's Cottages really do go hand in hand, we go there to get away from everyday life and to relax. Linda and Ken will go out of their way to make sure that happens and to date they have not disappointed this person. I can't imagine staying in any other place when we vacation, nor do I want to. We always feel like family and would consider the Nelsons friends of ours.

1 Thank GJKTRK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Hamburg, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2012

We have been coming to Nelson's for about 3 years now and I could not imagine staying anywhere else. Ken and Linda and Julie are the sweetest people you can ever imagine dealing with. I have never in all this time found anything to complain about. Ken and Linda will bend over backwards to keep their customers happy and no matter when we want to come up there, they are welcoming us with open arms. Because of the way we have been treated all these years, we had our wedding up there this past weekend and I could not imagine not spending our honeymoon anywhere else. To anyone else who finds the little things to complain about such as no TV or internet, seriously people? You are in the mountains and that is the reason to get away from all that crap. Love ya Ken and Linda and see you guys soon!

Room Tip: If you don't have housekeeping items with you such as bedding, pots and pans etc, stay in a cott...
Weedsport, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

We decided late to take a weekend trip to the Adirondacks. We wanted to stay in Old Forge, but there wasn't anything available. There was a cabin available in Nelson's Cottages. I will say Linda and Ken were easy to deal with, but I don't think the room was worth what we paid for it.

We paid $139 including tax for one night. Accommodation was a room with two double beds, no TV and a very spotty internet connection. I'm not complaining about the lack of a TV because there was no mention of one being in the room. But how a modern business can run without a reliable internet connection for its tenants is tough to understand. I would have used my phone for my internet, but I have AT&T and apparently they have forgotten people live outside the big cities. The cell coverage in the Adirondacks is horrible - maybe that's a good thing :-)

Upon initial inspection of the room it was very clean. But then I did my typical bed bug shake down (I always check every room I stay at for bed bugs) and thankfully didn't find any. But what I did find on the first bed I checked was blood stains on the sheets. Needless to say I was a little freaked out. I then checked the other double bed in the room, and found no bed bugs or blood stains, but I was very suspicious that the sheets on the bed hadn't been changed from the people that stayed in the room the night before. So we ended up cranking the heat way up, pulling out one of the spare blankets and sleeping on top of that. Needless to say I didn't get a great nights sleep.

If not for the suspect cleaning I would have given a rating of 4 because even if the cleaning was perfect I don't think the room is worth what they charge.

No complaints about the owners, the area is beautiful and we had fun. But the rooms need a better cleaning I believe and they need a TV and reliable internet connection.

Room Tip: Heater in the room is an old electric wall heater with no thermostat. Shower is powerful - if you...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank bill f
Fairport, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

My husband & I have been coming to the Nelson's for last 22 years. We stayed in almost all their cabins and have never been disappointed. Ken & Linda take such great care of these cabins. Very clean and comfortable. We just stayed in Washington - motel unit and it was perfect for a couple night stay. Bed was so comfortable! Located on 4th lake, the sunsets are magical! Ken & Linda are always there for you and when you leave you always look forward to your next stay at the Nelson's. Thanks Ken & Linda! Mike & Christine

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Fairport, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

We stayed in the Tennessee unit, VERY CLEAN!! owners very warm and friendly, plenty of room and there was 4 of us, beautiful area, docks that are right on 4TH lake, short walk into town for food and shopping!! our 2ND time back and not our last!! Friends were in the Washington unit and was just as nice and also very clean!! Thanks Ken and Linda for making it a wounderful stay for us!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed recently here on the way back to Boston (coming back from Niagara Falls).

We had originally been looking for a campground to save money, but after talking with the (very nice) owners, decided to stay for the night at Nelson's. Was a perfect stay, Nelson's has a beach on the lake with a lawn behind this. We had our dinner outside on the lawn watching the sunset over the lake, then went back to the cottage and had a good night's sleep ( cottage and bedding was clean, much appreciated by the gf). On the next day we took out a canoe from Nelson's on the lake (free), and then ended things by hanging out in the town of Inlet (about a 4 minute's walk away)-it's just about a perfect little town. Three tips- the town has a 4 dollar theater, when we were there the showings were at 7 (but we went by too late), this would be great to do with kids or a date, 2. if you're looking for a place with lifeguard supervision to swim, the town also has a great public swimming beach with bathroom facilities just a 5 minutes walk from Nelson's, and 3. for gifts, think about heading to the Adirondack Shirt Factory ( I think that's the name) in town, which is run by a nice couple who make some great custom made shirts.
To sum up, great location, clean rooms and bedding, boats (canoes and kayaks-I'm not sure if the motorboat was available to rent or not, I'm sure you could ask Linda, one of the owners, about this) to rent, great little town within walking distance and very nice owners made for a perfect stay!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Preston D
Norwood, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

This is a wonderful place to spend time and reconnect in a family-friendly environment. We have enjoyed the Nelson's hospitality for many years now, renting multiple cottages each year. The grounds are always well-kept and the accommodations are quaint and make you feel at home. We have stayed there with infants/teens/adults and seniors, all of whom enjoy various activities at the Nelson's and the surrounding areas. Kayaking/canoing/swimming and playground are onsite and a mere quarter mile walk into town provides tennis, shopping, movies, dining/bars, churches, summer concerts, bakery and so much more. Loads of hiking in the area - Rocky Point is our favorite yearly climb which is great for the whole family. If you are looking to get away and start a wonderful family tradition in a safe and fun-filled place, I'd highly recommend trying Nelson's cottages.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inlet
Great Pines
#10 of 12 in Old Forge
Adirondack Lodge Old Forge
Adirondack Lodge Old Forge
#8 of 12 in Old Forge

Been to Nelson's Cottages? Share your experiences!