“Great Choice for Adirondack Cottage Rentals”
Review of Nelson's Cottages

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Inlet
Nelson's Cottages
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Inlet
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Every year we go on a family vacation in the Adirondacks, my mother jokes about staying in some "godforsaken cabin in the woods." Fortunately for us, this was far from the case at Nelson's! The cottage we stayed in was very clean and we never experienced a real issue with having hot water in the shower (we were a cottage of five). There was the minor nuisance of having to load up the car with our own linens and towels, but this seems to be very much the norm for Adirondack cottage rentals. Less than a five minute walk from the center of Inlet and only 10 miles from Old Forge, the location is unbeatable. There is a very well-kept large grass lawn leading to a little sandy beach and a dock, the perfect place to enjoy those beautiful sunsets. (My only recommendations for improvement are in regards to the swimming area: the makeshift rope of old swimming noodles should be replaced with a proper rope buoy, and the floating geese seem unnecessary, as they do little to keep the ducks away.) Plentiful comfortable seating and a fire-pit are ideal for enjoying s'mores in the company of your cottage neighbors. There's something special about a place where patrons return year after year, as was the case with several of the families staying at Nelson's this summer. Included in the rental is access to several kayaks, which we enjoyed all week. Above all, the owners were friendly, accommodating, and helpful.

There are newer reviews for Nelson's Cottages

Reviewed 15 August 2013

I spent many a summer, in my childhood, on Fourth Lake. My family used to vacation there, so in the last 4 years I've been bringing my wife up there to show her what I loved so much about it. Normally we camp in Old Forge, but this year I decided it was time to stay in a cabin right on the lake. So we booked at Nelson's Cottages for 3 nights.

While my family stayed elsewhere on the Lake, I wanted to give something new a try and we were glad we did. We ended up staying in Kentucky, and the cabin was much more than we were expecting. We ended up with a full kitchen, that had everything you needed in it to cook a meal, a decent sized living room, a separate bedroom with a double bed. The cabin was spotless and very well kept.

The over all stay was one of the most relaxing times I've had up in the Adirondacks. The other guests as well as Ken, Linda, and Julie were all warm and inviting. Sunsets at the lake are breath taking. And over all, I see this as a place that I would want to take my kids (when we finally have some).

It's definitely worth the stay, and My wife and I plan on staying again. Hopefully sooner rather than later!

Room Tip: Kentucky and Ohio seem to be the two best cabins for couples!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed at the Nelson's for a week and had a great time. There is plenty to do in Old Forge and Inlet. The Nelson's have a canoe and kayaks we used to explore the lake and do some fishing. The cabins are clean and comfortable. Ours had a kitchen that was well stocked with dishes, glasses and utensils. At night we would have a campfire by the lake and make smores while telling stories and listening to the loone's call each other. My family will definitely be making the trip to the Nelson's cottages again next year.Skip

Room Tip: We stayed in Kentucky and it was the best.
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Can not ask for a more inviting famly than the Nelson's!! They go out of there way to make sure you have a best stay when you are in the adirondack mts!! The propery is so well kept. They are always there to answer any questions about where to go and what to do. Restaurants, hikes, attractions, you name it they know about it! We look forward to seeing them every year and are always sad to leave! Thank you Nelson family for being so good to us!!

Reviewed 3 August 2013

had one of the best fourth of july.the nelson family treats you great.the cottages are one of the best of adk experiences,the lake is just steps away and the sunsets are breath taking. inlet is a five minute walk away.to linda,ken,julie thank you for making a family memory i will never forget.Jeff

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We were looking last minute for a room near old forge and found Nelson's. We could not have been more pleased. The staff was friendly and welcoming. It felt as though she knew us for years yet we just met. The cabin was very clean and larger than expected. They have a swing set, slide, ping pong table, basketball hoop all near our cabin the kids could play while we relaxed on our furnished porch. The lake is breath taking at sunset and again kid friendly with a roped in swim area. We look forward to the next time to use the kayak and canoes thy offer. The fireplace had wood available. We met a family who has been going every year for 24 years. We can see why! My family has already talked about going back. Thank you Nelson's for being our needle in a haystack this weekend. What an amazing find!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We were not able to stay at Nelson's Cottages, but stopped in looking for a last minute place to stay with a dog. The Innkeeper invited us in her home (dinner time) to use her phone (cell phone service is sketchy) and assisted me in finding a place in the area with a vacancy and that allows dogs. She was truly passionate about Inlet, the Adirondacks and excited to assist others in enjoying such an amazing place! Thank you! We will definitely include this in our places to stay when we are in the area without our dog (cute cottages, great location). Although we couldn't stay with our dog (with the set up, it is absolutely understandable), the Innkeeper was very "pet-friendly" and people-friendly!

Room Tip: talk with The Innkeeper - she is happy to assist you in making the most of your stay in Inlet!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inlet
The Woods Inn
#10 of 12 in Old Forge
Clark's Beach Motel
Clark's Beach Motel
#11 of 12 in Old Forge

Been to Nelson's Cottages? Share your experiences!