“Holy cow, this place is great.”
Review of Marina Motel

Marina Motel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Inlet
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and I recently spent a few days at Jamie's establishment in Inlet, and we cannot say enough good things about them. From the phone reservation to check-in, to daily interactions, everything was cheerful, warm and welcoming. Our room was clean and very comfortable-after a long day of hiking, it was a joy to come back to this place every day and crash, and the housekeeping staff was polite and very flexible. The outside of the property is very nicely kept; there was a fire in the fire-pit a few nights, with people around it having a good time, but it never disturbed us in our room.
The motel is situated so close to the center of Inlet, it was a snap to walk down for ice cream, or pop over to the grocery store for some snacks- again, perfect for already sore feet. Luckily, we didn't need to walk far for breakfast- the continental breakfast offering at the motel had many options, with ridiculously tasty pastries from the local bakery (which is in walking distance also, but there's usually a line out the door for them, so don't bother- just go to breakfast here!)
This was a great experience, and the price was amazing for such a find. A great combination of respected privacy and "feels like family"- we will be back as soon as we can.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Wafflemeister
There are newer reviews for Marina Motel

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I have stayed at the Marina Motel for one weekend each summer for the past five years. My experience each year has been terrific: the room is always clean and has a small refrigerator, air conditioning and wifi. The complementary continental breakfast is perfect and always saves me a lot of time. I also enjoyed the rocking chair on the porch and the availability of a fire pit. The Motel is within walking distance of shopping and restaurants within Inlet. Best of all, Jamie, the owner, is very accommodating and is always willing to offer restaurant suggestions and to even make reservations.

Really a lovely place to stay if you are planning to be in the Raquette Lake/Inlet area. I can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend. The owner Jamie was very helpful with suggestions of where to dine, things to do. This motel was extremely clean and close to everything, cleaner than any 5 star hotel that we've stayed in. Very impressed with the facility: clean and comfortable! Would stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Regina W
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This is the place to stay when in the quaint town of Inlet. It is within easy walking distance to the stores and shops. The rooms are all updated and the décor is great. They have a continental breakfast which is always well supplied with just the right foods to get you started in the morning. The owners are very friendly and helpful if you need a place for dinner or just looking for places to hike or kayaks. Thanks we had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank walleye71-11
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We travelled to Inlet over the 4th of July weekend and we couldn't have chosen a better place to stay. The Marina Motel was clean and quiet and had a great complimentary breakfast each morning. It is within walking distance of everything you would need to get to. They also had very helpful info (brochures, maps, pamphlets) in the Rec/breakfast room. The grounds are immaculate---with beautiful stonework all over the property. We are definitely planning to go back to the Marina Motel!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Staci K
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I need to start by saying, I travel for a living. I know Great customer service, as well as terrible customer service. Jamie the owner of the Marina Motel is just as I said....Best of the Best of the Best!

I was traveling with friends on motorcycles. First thing she does....runs and gets kickstand pads for all of us! Check in was smooth as could be. I had made the reservations six months in advanced. By doing that, you always have bumps in the road on long roadtrips. This was NOT one of them! Smooh as glass on checkin. We were all checked in within five mins!

You open the door to your room, smelled as fresh as a spring morning. Very clean. One of the wives in our group needed a hairdryer. Boom! A saloon quality dryer was delivered ASAP! One guy asked about coffee...BOOM! Jamie ran downstairs and made a fresh pot of coffee late in the afternoon just for him!

She treated us all like old friends vs just another customer. Her whole family is involved in the business! Makes it very nice.

Jamie gave us several good leads for dinner as well. She also volunteered to take us to the laundromat, and to a local restaurant that was just over a mile away. (we don't like to ride our bikes after cocktail hour)

Breakfast was far ABOVE average for an included breakfast. I would call them "premium" pastries at breakfast!

All good things must come to an end. The time came to leave....I can honestly say it was like leaving family/friends! Not business like at all. If ever back in the area...I don't think there is a better choice! Very friendly, very personable, and very amiable!

Room Tip: If traveling by motocycle, maybe ask for the rooms with lower numbers. Closer to road, but just a t...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank HarleyJetDriver
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My husband recently stayed here and first of all, stated that the stay was fine and the rooms were clean. The issue that he had was that, the Motel demanded payment up front by check, which he had to mail in when he made the reservation a month before, which he was happy to comply with. When he checked-in they ran his credit card, although he explained that he had pre-paid. The person at the desk stated it was "customary" to do this, so he obliged even though a bit wary. When I checked our account a few days later, the full amount of the room was again charged, even though he had previously told the Motel it was pre-paid. My husband called the desk, and they reversed the charge. When we checked the account a few days later the credit still was not showing, so I called the front desk. When I told the desk that the credit still hadn't shown up, she became very defensive and irritated and raised her voice. As we hadn't created this problem to begin with, I certainly didn't understand the reaction. I received all kinds of excuses as to why this happened (he checked in early, I didn't have my computer up), but the demeanor of this person left a lot to be desired. So, in closing, fine place to stay, but watch what they tell you at check-in.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank englishharbours
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inlet
The Woods Inn
#11 of 12 in Old Forge
Big Moose Inn
Big Moose Inn
#1 of 1 in Eagle Bay

Been to Marina Motel? Share your experiences!