“Not worth the money”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Inlet
Wood River Junction, Rhode Island
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This Inn in definitely not worth the money. It is in need of a good cleaning. The rooms look nothing like the pictures on the website. Our room had a porch; which needed cleaning. The furniture on the porch had not been cleaned recently. Our view overlooked the patio dining area; again needed cleaning. The patio had pine needles all over; a little sweeping or blowing off would make it very inviting. The mattress is our room was like a brick; very hard and uncomfortable. The sheets were like sand paper. The grounds of the Inn need attention; dirt driveway and walkways need the potholes filled. The Adirondack chairs down by the water looked inviting; however, they were in need of repair (broken arms and not clean). The Wi-Fi was a joke, it was a home router in the hallway hung over the pipe. Could not get a good internet connection. I would not recommend staying at this Inn.

Room Tip: Don't go by the pictures on the internet. Very deceiving.
1 Thank Janet T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Syracuse, NY
Reviewed 12 July 2013

My mom and I enjoyed a relaxing stay at the Woods Inn. We loved the old time feel of the Inn and the personal attention given to us at check in. It was a bit of a challenge for my aging mom to maneuver the many different levels, but we took our time and enjoyed exploring the grounds and the Inn itself. My niece joined us for a delicious dinner - Lobster mac and cheese - good, but the lobster tasted frozen, not fresh, My niece's stuffed sole was gone in minutes it seemed- she loved it. Mom's prime rib was perfectly seasoned but not as rare as she had hoped for. Both dishes were served with garlic mashed potatoes and fresh steamed veggies that were very good. Service from the waiter Matt was sketchy, but we had excellent attention from the proprietor and other servers. Disappointing for me - Coffee was advertised as Starbucks, but as a Starbucks regular, it wasn't like any I have had at a Starbucks store. I will definitely be back to the Woods Inn! PROS: Very comfortable beds, 4 minute walk into the village of inlet. CONS: amenities - Bring your own everything! I forgot my blow dryer and I was given a very beat up one to use... and of course the coffee!!

Room Tip: We had a back lower floor room - lots of noise from the tavern below.
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We went for dinner in July 2013. The food was extremely good - perfect for a nice night out. They served the best corn bread that I've ever had, and I like to sample. The property looks like it was spruced up in recent years. It it absolutely lovely! Takes me straight into the gilded 1910s. It overlooks a beautiful lawn and 4th lake.

New Hartford, New York
Reviewed 22 June 2013

My fiancé and I stayed here last summer in one of the guide tents. The place has so much charm, the owners are so nice and accommodating and the food was great, especially the lobster Mac and cheese! We loved the place so much we booked the place for our wedding this coming fall!

• Stayed August 2012
Downingtown, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 7 February 2013

This is our 2nd winter stay at the Woods Inn and it probably will not be our last. The Woods Inn has the look and feel of what I imagine an original Adirondack camp would have felt like (with WiFi). It is clearly a small, family run operation. You will not have the amenities of a big-box hotel for sure. But that is not why we come to the Adirondacks. The wood floors and stairs creak in all the right spots. The carpets are worn just enough to feel authentic. The view of the lake is spectacular, particularly the sunset.

On the other hand the owners will join you for dinner and share their Adirondack stories. Their dogs will greet you at the door. The bartender Kelly will entertain you. We had a blast playing drinking games with Kelly and some 'sledders'.

No this is not your big-box hotel. It's better.

Room Tip: There is no elevator.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John S
Reviewed 8 January 2013

We are retired and look forward to finding time to stay for the weekend as we have done a number of times (I believe 5) as we enjoy the ambience, food, feel and company of owners and staff just so wonderful we would not change a thing, food hats off to the chef, hot tub room magnificent, the blue reading room just unbelievable view, fisherman room, make you feel you are a "sports" just a wonderful wonderful place to stay, eat & relax could not be better thank you having us they fill a great need for the community of inlet and the central adirondacks

• Stayed April 2012
Middletown, New York
Reviewed 5 January 2013

My husband, brother, and I stayed here the last weekend of December. We were so pleased with our stay! The room was really nice and had a pretty view of the snowy lake. We enjoyed a fantastic dinner in the restaurant. (We are still talking about the meal!) Our waitress Nancy was so sweet. The owner, Joedda, came over to ask if we were enjoying our meals and room. We really enjoyed talking with her. We were so comfortable and able to really relax at this inn. We really appreciated Joedda's hospitality. This was our second time staying at the inn, and we will surely stay there again!

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inlet
Great Pines
Clark's Beach Motel
Clark's Beach Motel
#10 of 12 in Old Forge
Pine Knoll Lodge & Cabins Inc

Been to The Woods Inn? Share your experiences!