The Woods Inn
Average 3/5
      Great Pines(Old Forge)
      Covewood Lodge(Eagle Bay)
      • Beachfront
      Water's Edge Inn(Old Forge)
      Good 3.5/5
      All reviewsdining roomfourth lakeadirondack chairsno elevatorlake viewadirondack styleno air conditioningget awaynice nightturn of the centurytake advantagecharming villagequaint roomsjacuzzi tublocation putsthe owner managerpool table
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed 16 February 2014

I have come to this wonderful home away from home for a number of years to go snowmobiling with my friends. Each and everytime we are welcomed like we were just there yesterday. Beyond the great historic restoration and rooms that are always ready and clean, the food is some of the best I have ever had, and that view is shared by everyone I have been there with me. I dont write reviews much, but this is far and beyond the best experience and well worth the trip for a couple or a group. This year we were with 8 others and the owners were very able to accomodate all of us, and really made for a great trip. We are all trying to get back later this year, and I wont stay anywhere else. Freindly and Fantastic!

Room Tip: quieter on south side if you go in the winter.
      • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
      2  Thank GregMan123
      Reviewed 14 February 2014

Found this place on trip advisor after snowmobiling all day went on all the good reviews and found it to be excellent the owners were very nice nice atmosphere easy to get there on snowmobile .i had lamb shank was very good .friend had chicken pot pie he said same thing .will go back in a few weeks

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
      2  Thank outside1
      Reviewed 13 January 2014

We could not have imagined having a more amazing wedding than the one hosted by The Woods Inn in August of 2013. As a former event planner, I have an eye for detail and have a difficult time letting go; I did, with my daughters insistence, and can honestly say that our experience was wonderful beyond our greatest expectations. Joedda and Jay, the owners, and their staff, were attentive to our every need: the rooms were immaculate with generous amenities; the food was exceptional, the setting, absolutely charming, historical and elegantly rustic.
      My daughter had the wedding of her dreams, thanks to The Woods Inn. I will be forever grateful for their hospitality and graciousness. I would recommend The Woods Inn Inn to if you if you MUST have it all, like we did, and everything MUST be perfect, priced reasonably; in addition, be given the assurance that you and your guests will be treated like royalty; we couldn't be happier.

Room Tip: You will find many amazing rooms, in various areas of the INN; we particularly like the ones upstairs facing the lake.
      • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
      1  Thank Rebecca H
      Reviewed 14 October 2013

We just came back from a Columbus Day weekend at the Woods Inn. Yes it is an older building but it is also warm, cozy and homey. It has a lovely restaurant with good food. The tavern was lively with great music. Their living room has a cable TV. They also have a game room with a foosball and pool table. Next door was an independent boat rental facility if you wanted to get out on the lake. There are lots of hiking trails nearby. The best is the porch, lawn and new boat dock overlooking beautiful 4th lake. The innkeepers were friendly and accommodating. The Woods Inn in Inlet, NY is a great meeting place in the middle of the Adirondacks.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
      Reviewed 12 October 2013

The Woods Inn is THE BEST way to get away from it all in a rustic setting with all of the amenities. We've been travelling to the Adirondacks for about 10 years and find The Woods Inn to be the best place to stay. You get the historic experience, the wilderness experience and the creature comforts experience. They have the best food for many miles around. And the best sunsets. Excellent location. Wonderful people. We just left yesterday and I wish I was back.

Room Tip: Try to get a lakeview room. All rooms are different and charming.
      • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends