“Very Nice Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Interlaken
A Stone's Throw Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Interlaken B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Very nice experience from the greeting to the good bye.
It is a beautiful home. You immediately feel welcome. The complimentary coffee and tea is great.
Breakfast is delicious and beautifully presented! The rooms are immaculate and beautifully decorated. They also have a Roku device in the room so you are able to watch Netflix.
All around very nice experience, would highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This place was wonderful!! The food was gourmet beyond a doubt, the decorating was exquisite down to every minute detail and the hospitality was warm and welcoming. We arrived to the smell of homemade biscotti that was delicious. It was also very convenient to the wineries and restaurants of both Seneca and Cayuga Lakes. This is a must-stay place for everyone who enjoys the Finger Lakes region!! Thank you once again to our hosts Gina and Tony!!

Room Tip: We chose the room on the east side The Fortuna for the morning sun :-)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Gina and Tony were wonderful hosts. The rooms were pretty, the yard has a nice garden and porch and hammock. Breakfast was delicious. They also were very accomodating to special diet requests. The price for the room was affordable. Loved the organic sheets and bath products. And netflix etc.
Note.. there is a cat in the house and sometimes he sneaks into the dining area, but not the bedrooms. I have allergies and didn't even notice (or react). There was not a cat hair in sight and they make sure to take him out of the dining area when he sneaks in.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We discovered this inn when all the hotels in Ithaca were booked for graduation weekend. So lucky for us!!! It is a lovely home, and hosts Gina and Tony were perfect hosts. They welcomed us at the front door upon arrival and many every effort to make us feel at home. Breakfasts were delicious, and Gina and Tony had no problem accommodating our busy schedule.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We spent our 2 year anniversary around Cayuga Lake. All of the bed and breakfasts recommended by the wine trail were booked. An internet search led me to A Stone's Throw and I am so glad it did. Upon arriving, homemade Biscotti and coffee were available. There was even gluten free Biscotti for another guest on a special diet. The house was beautiful. Our room, "La Buon' Amore" was perfect. Spotless, beautiful decor, and a comfortable bed. I cannot say enough about the heated whirlpool tub with plenty of room for 2! Breakfast both mornings was spectacular. We both opted for the daily "special" breakfast though we could have chosen from a list of other options the night before. The entree the first morning was a delicious vegetable frittata, fresh fruit, toast, and roasted potatoes. There were a couple courses leading up to this including scones, a yogurt parfait, and grapefruit sorbet palate cleanser. The second morning our entree was stuffed french toast with fresh fruit. A blueberry crumble, banana bread, and sorbet were served first. Organic juice and fresh coffee were available and plentiful. Some natural toiletries were available in the room. Gina and Tony really do an excellent job making you feel welcome and like old friends. They had great insight into local restaurants and experiences! I can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I've had generally mediocre experiences with B&Bs, and my last B&B experience in the Finger Lakes area was a nightmare that continued well after the trip. But when my brother set up his wedding in the area, there weren't many traditional hotel options, so I gave A Stone's Throw a chance.

Let me say that I have absolutely no regrets about this stay, from my warm welcome, to the heart-felt goodbye, my weekend here was wonderful.

Highlights:
1. Friendly hosts put me instantly at ease
2. I was traveling alone so I reserved the smallest room, but it was plenty big. The bed was marvelously comfortable, two of the best night's sleep I've ever had. I think there was some sort of down topper on the mattress - whatever it was, it was great!
3. The breakfasts - I just can't give them enough praise. I've traveled the world and eaten at some of the finest restaurants anywhere, and Tony's breakfasts stack up with the best of them. The perfect blend of fancy and comfort food, I was so fortunate that I didn't skip them like I often do at B&Bs. Wow!

Complaints:
1. I really don't have any, the only unfortunate part of the visit is that they were fighting a bee problem during my stay and the one breakfast I ate on the porch had a lot of uninvited guests. Not really a complaint with the hosts or the B&B, but if you are very allergic to bees, you might ask them if your trip coincides with bee season. I wasn't stung, just annoyed, but if you are deathly allergic I imagine you might not want to be there at a time like that (this was August).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Tony and Gina really make you feel at home. They serve up the most amazing meals -- with a great sense of nourishment and healthy appetite. These folks really know how to create a B&B -- it's beautiful, but relaxed and inviting. They go out of their way to meet your needs and teach you about the area. We've been there more than once -- and we'll keep going there. It's addictive (in a good way); you just want to make sure each visit is not your last. I highly recommend A Stone's Throw to all my friends who might be traveling in upstate NY.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Interlaken
The Fox and the Grapes Bed and Breakfast
The Blackberry Inn B&B
The Blackberry Inn B&B
#1 of 17 in Watkins Glen
Cayuga Morning Star Bed and Breakfast

Been to A Stone's Throw Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!