“Strange Room Layout”

Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Irondequoit
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel this past weekend. It seems very new and is in good condition. The bed in this room in on the wall backing the bathroom wall and faces the outside window. The bed has a luggage bench at the foot. This is not the configuration that I have seen 99% of the time in similar hotels. Usually the bed backs the common wall with an adjoining room and there are no obstructions between the bed and the bathroom. When I got up in the night and walked back my side of the bed my foot slammed into the bench and I broke my toe.

Bring a night light or move the bench before you go to bed.

When I told the desk clerk the next morning that the configuration of the room caused a problem for me she looked at me as if to say, Yeah, right ehh? I did not feel that she was going to share my concern with anyone in management.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Linda G, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear Travelin_R0b76,

I am so sorry to hear that you had this negative experience while staying with us. We want everyones stay to be enjoyable and feel like a home away from home. I would like to invite you to call me here at the hotel so that I may formally apologize and discuss how we can make you more comfortable on your next trip to Rochester. I hope to hear from you soon, have a wonderful day.

Linda Gabbert
Director of Sales
585-339-3500

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Stayed for five nights on a work trip with two counterparts. We were welcomed warmly even at 1 am for check in, after driving six hours. Overall, what you expect from a Hampton Inn - good sheets, comfortable space near the highway. Besides the service, nothing was exceptional, but after putting in long days at work, a friendly smile and a clean bed to come back to was all I wanted.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Not my favorite hotel, my biggest problem was the poor maintenance of the room. The knob on the shower was on backwards (I had to play with to get the temperature right), the refrigerator made a loud humming noise. Overall I just wasn't impressed with the hotel.

The lot next door had heavy equipment and looked as if a building had been recently torn down.

Room Tip: Factory defrost breakfast.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Clean, comfortable and good value. Hampton Inns seem to have nailed it. I stayed for 4 nights and the room was great. I particularly like the breakfast buffet which includes a hot breakfast choice as well as several other choices depending on your tastes.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We have stayed here a number of times for the Women of Faith conference and we will go back.. From walking in the front door and until we leave we are treated very well.. This Hampton Inn leaves us feeling like we are wanted to stay there and all the staff we have dealt with are fantastic!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Room smelled freshly painted. It was so clean and well worth the $107. Most of the other hotels in the area were much more expensive and the ones that weren't had horrible reviews. The breakfast was great, beds were comfortable and the TV had lots of great channels. Our stay was awesome and I would recommend the hotel for sure.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2013

It has been our experience that the quality of Hampton Inns has been very good over the years with only a few disappointments. No problems here. Very helpful front desk staff recommended a good restaurant right next door for dinner. Road in front of this property is currently a mess under construction and likely will be for a couple months more.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irondequoit
Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit
Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown
Hampton Inn Rochester Webster
Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece
Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside

Been to Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit? Share your experiences!