“Everything a Hampton Ought To Be!”

Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Irondequoit
Warnerville NY
“Everything a Hampton Ought To Be!”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

After two very mediocre experiences at another local Hilton property (see my other reviews), I opted for this highly-rated Hampton Inn. I am here to tell you that all the kudos (and one *oops*) are true and well deserved.

Let's get the oops out of the way first. I read other folks' reviews of properties when I am deciding on where to stay, and this place only had two negatives that I found -- but one of them was about a never-silenced bathroom fan. When I walked into room 417 and heard the telltale whine, I chuckled and went right back to the desk. Thirty seconds later I was down the hall in a blissfully silent room.

Now for the kudos, and they start when you come through the entrance: an immaculate front area and front desk people who "snap to" the minute a guest walks in. They do ask for ID and car information to put on file -- which I applaud in this day of you-never-know-who-walks-in-the-hotel.

The rooms are well appointed, with very good blackout curtains (I like a dark room for sleeping), a thermostat that works instantly, and a microwave and fridge that are in top shape. The TV is one of those thousand-bells-and-whistle jobs; I could have done with something a little simpler, but as long as I got the Weather Channel to check out the next day, I was fine.

I loved that Diamonds have special parking spaces! However, they do need to find a way to make sure that we Diamonds get the chance to park there; folks grabbed the spots and there was no way to ascertain if they were Diamonds or not. I was only able to use them half the time.

I did not eat breakfast here, though it appeared to be the usual Hampton fare -- plenty of food and a fairly good variety.

The best part of this Hampton are its staff, and special compliments go to Amelia and Brian (who became known as "Dr. B." during my stay, probably because of his cheerful demeanor and unflappability. Reminded me of Dr. Ben Warren on Grey's Anatomy. But I digress.) I absolutely love a Hampton where the cordiality of the front desk staff goes beyond perfunctory, and they enjoy the occasional chat with a guest. These two were absolutely delightful, whether swapping travel stories or solving the occasional glitch (my door key wouldn't work: Amelia immediately brought up two new ones and checked them herself; Brian always managed to find a space to keep my cooler's Blue Ice frozen overnight).

I am in Rochester four or five times a year, and will be purely delighted to make this my new "Rochester home."

Room Tip: Avoid Room 417! 406 is better if you want twin beds and a silent fan.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Chris G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Traveling_Physic,

Wow! Thank you for such an amazing review. We were so excited to read your comments and pass them on to Dr. B and Amelia. When you made that description about Brian it was perfect. It's awesome when we have the opportunity to get to know our guests and make them feel part of our family, and we are glad you gave us that chance.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Chris G.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Great room and lobby. Also, location has lots of shopping in area. Fridge, Microwave and nice tv. Loved the mirror on the closet door. Comfortable beds...Food options included plenty of fast food chains as well as grocery stores in the area. Staff was quick to check in and out. No issues at all during stay. Bed was comfortable. Nice stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Chris G, Manager at Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Kim K,

Thanks for the Quality Response, a comfy bed is definitely one of the must haves! We would love it if you came back again in the near future as our town is a great place to visit all four seasons.

Chris G.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We were at a hockey tournament in the area twice and have stayed here both times. What an exceptional place to stay! Friendly staff, comfy beds, temperature controls in the room worked, great breakfast with a variety and a fridge and microwave in every room! Home away from home :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Linda G, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Good afternoon dero001,

Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your past stays with us. We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed yourself while traveling for the Hockey tournament. We pride ourselves on having excellent customer service and we constantly strive to anticipate our guests needs. If you find yourself traveling to the Rochester area again, we would be thrilled to have you select Hampton Inn Rochester Irondequoit.

If you need anything please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I travel extensively for business and find that Hamptons Inns are very consistent in quality and performance around the country. This location certainly lives up to my expectation. The rooms were very clean and were well maintained. The breakfast was better then average and the price paid was a good value.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Linda G, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate the feedback. We know that our guests love to feel at home with they stay at a Hampton, whether it be at our property or across the country. It means a lot that you notice the consistencies within the brand. Our breakfast attendant goes above and beyond to make your morning a little bit brighter and it sounds like you experienced that during your stay! I will make sure to share this with our staff. As always, your loyalty is invaluable to us and we would be honored to have you stay with us again. Have a wonderful holiday season, we hope to see you soon!

Franklin, United States
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We were vary happy with this hotel with the deal we had under $100 per night, if we paid over $100 per night I might have a different opinion. The breakfast was vary good and the eating area and front desk looked like it had been remodeled which was vary welcoming and updated. The room was nothing special but good for under $100 per night. If we needed to stay in this area again and I could get the smae deal or better I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Thea F,

I am so glad that you were able to enjoy our On The House hot breakfast. We get quite a few positive comments about it and I will make sure to pass yours along to our morning attendant, I am sure she will be pleased! Next time you are in Rochester we would love for you to consider staying with us again. Your loyalty is extremely important to us, and we want you to know that we take your feedback very seriously. Thank you for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor. Have a wonderful day!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I had my bags stolen out of my room, and housekeeping left the room door open 3 times on the other persons room I was traveling with.
They never paid to replace any thing and their insurance company said it was MY CHOICE to leave things in the room I could have taken them with me or locked them in the safe every time I left the room. I have never found a room safe that will hold a suitcase.

It's now my choice to stay at a Holiday Inn or a Marriott.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Chris G, Manager at Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear 3mike55,

My name is Chris Goyette, General Manager of the Hampton Inn Rochester/Irondequoit, I am terribly sorry to hear of your experience and wish for you to contact me here at our hotel.

I have not been made aware of any issues regarding a possible theft either through our staff, guests, or insurance company and I would be the one to file the paperwork and I am bewildered I have not recieved anything regarding this incident. Is there any possibility that this was filed to the wrong hotel, I am just trying to ensure the fastest resolution possible. Can you email me back at chris.goyette@hilton.com with your dates of stay so we can discuss the matter.

Again please accept my sincerest apologies and I will try to assist you in resolving this matter.

My Sincerest Regards,

Chris Goyette
White Plains, New York, United States
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel this past weekend. It seems very new and is in good condition. The bed in this room in on the wall backing the bathroom wall and faces the outside window. The bed has a luggage bench at the foot. This is not the configuration that I have seen 99% of the time in similar hotels. Usually the bed backs the common wall with an adjoining room and there are no obstructions between the bed and the bathroom. When I got up in the night and walked back my side of the bed my foot slammed into the bench and I broke my toe.

Bring a night light or move the bench before you go to bed.

When I told the desk clerk the next morning that the configuration of the room caused a problem for me she looked at me as if to say, Yeah, right ehh? I did not feel that she was going to share my concern with anyone in management.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Linda G, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear Travelin_R0b76,

I am so sorry to hear that you had this negative experience while staying with us. We want everyones stay to be enjoyable and feel like a home away from home. I would like to invite you to call me here at the hotel so that I may formally apologize and discuss how we can make you more comfortable on your next trip to Rochester. I hope to hear from you soon, have a wonderful day.

585-339-3500
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irondequoit
Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit
Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece
Hampton Inn Rochester Webster
Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown
Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside

Been to Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit? Share your experiences!