“Great Well Run Hampton Inn!”

Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Irondequoit
Clarksville, Maryland
“Great Well Run Hampton Inn!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stayed here last month for two nights and it was a great experience! Breakfast is awesome, the rooms are clean, and the staff is wonderful! I am staying again this week for 3 nights from Thursday through Sunday and am very excited about it! My co-workers are coming along too and this is our hotel to stay in when we are in Rochester!

Room Tip: I always like to have a room on a high floor so I can have a great view!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Linda G, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Itravel100daysayear,

We look forward to your arrival this week! Thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor. We value your loyalty and strive to make each guest feel at home. We are in a great location; within a few minutes of City Center and also Lake Ontario! Guests who visit Rochester can get everything done during the day, and a chance to relax at night! We look forward to seeing you soon and thank you again.

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Clean duvet covers, etc., for each guest; exceptionally friendly and helpful staff; clean rooms; comfy bed; etc. One staff member actually walked me to a nearby restaurant at night (I was unfamiliar with the geography) and told me to phone when I was done, so that he could walk me back.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Linda G, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear BarbaraK45,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. The particular front desk agent who walked you to Pasta Villa always does a great job and I will make sure to extend your kind words to him. I am so glad that you were able to enjoy the restaurant, as well as our Hampton duvet covers which are washed fresh for each guest. It is a nice extra that makes people feel that much more comfortable when staying with us. We do hope to see you again soon! Have a wonderful day.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

We stayed here for 2 weeks while visiting someone in Rochester General Hospital which is a few minutes away. We found it a good basic hotel. Mostly it seems to be used a business stopover .

However, the rooms were clean and comfortable and roomy. There was a good size TV, a 'fridge and microwave. One of the handiest things for us (from the UK) was the business area with two computers and free w-fi access. Breakfast was included and was buffet style which gave us plenty of choice. Staff were generally very helpful and friendly.

There are shops and plenty of eating places nearby and the Pasta Villa next door is great.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Linda G, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Jaydee45,

Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay, and I will pass along your kind words to our staff. Visiting Rochester General Hospital can be stressful so we try to make guests feel at home and relaxed when they arrive back at the hotel. We hope you are able to make it back to Rochester at some point to visit, have a wonderful day!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I had a few issues during the stay. For example, upon check-in, the two desk clerks failed to greet me. When I walked up to the desk, they both kinda just looked at me and then put their head down. One of the desk clerks, a female, said sarcastically, "You can go to either one of us." I did not feel valued as a customer at that moment.

The second problem is the room. The room refrigerator hummed all night long and the A/C unit also make random clicking noises.

After hotel management discovered these issues, they handled them promptly. I understand that sometimes things go awry when traveling. It's just really good to know as a customer and a Hilton Honors member, that when I bring up concerns, Hilton property management handles them quickly and professionally.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Linda G, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear GoldenKitty,

Thank you again for giving us feedback that will allow us to improve as a staff. We want all of our guests to feel like they are staying with friends, and that their voices will be heard if an issue happens to pop up. We will continue to strive for excellence in service, and we hope to see you soon!

Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

We had a good stay. Value for the price you pay. Very good service and helpful staff. Long distance calls are little too expensive to Canada. We will recommend to stay with Hampton, to family and friends.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Rohan K,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate your kind words and are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you soon!

Wells
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Good welcome at reception - always a good start. The room was spacious and the beds comfortable. Enjoyed a nice swim in the pool which was a good size for the type of hotel.
The guy at reception recommended that we eat at the Italian restaurant next door. We were a bit sceptical as it looked like a diner but inside it was amazing, classy with fabulous food. We only stayed one night on our way to Niagara Falls and found it to be a perfect stop off place about an hour and a half from the falls if you don't want to stay in the tacky touristy hotels at Niagara. Its a bit out of the main town of Rochester so you would need to drive into town if you were planning a couple of days there. The guy at reception also printed of maps and directions to Niagara for us without us asking. Breakfast was ok but a bit strange with plastic cutlery and paper cups.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear KathyBWells,

Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your recent stay with us. It sounds like you enjoyed the pool and of course Pasta Villa next door which is a fan favorite in the community! I will pass along these kind words to the staff. Have a wonderful day, we hope to see you soon!

Warnerville NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

After two very mediocre experiences at another local Hilton property (see my other reviews), I opted for this highly-rated Hampton Inn. I am here to tell you that all the kudos (and one *oops*) are true and well deserved.

Let's get the oops out of the way first. I read other folks' reviews of properties when I am deciding on where to stay, and this place only had two negatives that I found -- but one of them was about a never-silenced bathroom fan. When I walked into room 417 and heard the telltale whine, I chuckled and went right back to the desk. Thirty seconds later I was down the hall in a blissfully silent room.

Now for the kudos, and they start when you come through the entrance: an immaculate front area and front desk people who "snap to" the minute a guest walks in. They do ask for ID and car information to put on file -- which I applaud in this day of you-never-know-who-walks-in-the-hotel.

The rooms are well appointed, with very good blackout curtains (I like a dark room for sleeping), a thermostat that works instantly, and a microwave and fridge that are in top shape. The TV is one of those thousand-bells-and-whistle jobs; I could have done with something a little simpler, but as long as I got the Weather Channel to check out the next day, I was fine.

I loved that Diamonds have special parking spaces! However, they do need to find a way to make sure that we Diamonds get the chance to park there; folks grabbed the spots and there was no way to ascertain if they were Diamonds or not. I was only able to use them half the time.

I did not eat breakfast here, though it appeared to be the usual Hampton fare -- plenty of food and a fairly good variety.

The best part of this Hampton are its staff, and special compliments go to Amelia and Brian (who became known as "Dr. B." during my stay, probably because of his cheerful demeanor and unflappability. Reminded me of Dr. Ben Warren on Grey's Anatomy. But I digress.) I absolutely love a Hampton where the cordiality of the front desk staff goes beyond perfunctory, and they enjoy the occasional chat with a guest. These two were absolutely delightful, whether swapping travel stories or solving the occasional glitch (my door key wouldn't work: Amelia immediately brought up two new ones and checked them herself; Brian always managed to find a space to keep my cooler's Blue Ice frozen overnight).

I am in Rochester four or five times a year, and will be purely delighted to make this my new "Rochester home."

Room Tip: Avoid Room 417! 406 is better if you want twin beds and a silent fan.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Chris G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Traveling_Physic,

Wow! Thank you for such an amazing review. We were so excited to read your comments and pass them on to Dr. B and Amelia. When you made that description about Brian it was perfect. It's awesome when we have the opportunity to get to know our guests and make them feel part of our family, and we are glad you gave us that chance.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Chris G.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irondequoit
Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit
Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece
The East Avenue Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown
Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
Hampton Inn Rochester Webster

Been to Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit? Share your experiences!