Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit
Comfort Inn West(Rochester)
US$96
US$84
ComfortInn
Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece(Rochester)(Great Value!)
US$103
HIExpress.com
All reviewsfront deskgeneral hospitalwafflespasta villahockey teamroom was cleangreat place to staycomplimentary breakfastnice breakfastshower headnice hotelsoccer tournamentfridge and microwaveeasy accessbreakfast staffwould stay here againfitness center
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Our recent stay was marked by a clean and comfortable room at a reasonable rate coupled by perhaps the best front desk staff I've encountered. The staff took care of every request, answered questions, provided local information, all cheerfully and patiently. The breakfast was delicious and fresh. We will be back on our next trip to the Rochester area.

• Stayed: May 2014
Linda G, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Dennis P,

Thank you for the kind words! We have a great staff here at the Hampton Inn Rochester Irondequoit and I am so glad that they were able to assist you. We have a lot of fun mixing up our breakfast options and Hampton Inn is a great brand because it is packed with the things that you need on a short trip, all of which are included in your stay! Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The hotel was well kept and easy access. Enjoyed our short stay with them! Breakfast was included with the stay, so we did take advantage of it. It was okay, but we did arrive later in the morning. I suspect there was more offerings earlier in the morning. Beds were comfortable, and staff was helpful and friendly!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear 131lisae,

Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your recent stay with us. We have great staff who do a nice job of keeping us fresh and well kept. I will make sure to pass along your breakfast comments as well so that we can work on that area. Our Cloud 9 bedding is a guest favorite and the crisp white duvet covers are a big plus as well! We look forward to your next trip to Rochester and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have never been to Rochester and this was a nice place to stay - almost seemed new (I have no idea how long it has been there). Love the breakfast that this brand of hotel provides along with the in room fridge and other amenities.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ccrizal,

Thank you for the review of our hotel! We were actually built in 2009 but we do our best to keep it fresh and new for all of our guests. We are fortunate to have staff who really take pride in their work environment. Hampton's On the House Hot Breakfast is a favorite among many and I am so glad that you were able to enjoy it! We look forward to your next trip to Rochester!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The Irondequoit Hampton Inn is conveniently located and there are several nice places to dine close by. Our room overlooked an ugly empty lot, but the rooms were clean and well conditioned (both heat and AC worked great).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Linda G, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Victoria B,

Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your recent stay with us. I will make sure to share your kind words with our housekeeping staff! We are also fortunate to be within walking distance of some great restaurants. We look forward to your next visit to Rochester!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I am so disappointed in this chain. The Hilton redesigned all hotels in the last ?? years. 2nd time I made this mistake because I didn't realize the Hampton was using the same design standards as the Hilton. Apparently the Hilton has raised the height of everything to accommodate people who are taller. At least that what the manager told me when I complained at a Hilton in Webster in 2010.
I am 5’2” and found the bathroom counter was too high to wash my hair in the sink. No way could I reach the shower head if I wanted to adjust it. The desk was so high I couldn't use it. I got my money back in 2010 and the manager told me if I wanted to stay at their chain I should 'just' ask for an accessible room. I figured I would never stay at their chain again but I did begin to ask for an accessible room no matter where I go – even though I am not in a wheelchair.
In March 2014 my mom had a stroke and four of us had to rush from Albany, NY and booked a room for three nights- all of us female, not so young anymore and 5’1. When I called around 6:00 AM to book the room, I didn’t think to ask for an accessible room. I called later in the day to advise the desk that we would arrive very very late and then asked for an accessible room.
Around 3:00 AM two of us went to the hotel while two stayed at the hospital. I was too delirious to pay much attention when my aunt made several comments about how high the bed was. I unpacked everything and after an hour or so went into the bathroom. That's when I realized this room was the same as the one I had found to be so difficult in 2010.
called the desk and was told there was no indication that I asked for an accessible room. They said there was an accessible room available that we could move to. My aunt was already sleeping and I couldn’t imagine packing again. I finally realized this just wouldn’t work for four short women for three nights (or more). Packed everything up again to let their staff move our stuff while we were all at the hospital.
I don’t fault them for missing my request for an accessible room. I was just upset and stunned that a normal room was so unmanageable. The staff did their best at every step. I worried about them moving our laptops but had to trust them. Everything was safe and the manager refunded the cost for that nasty night.
I just don’t get why this is not talked about or somehow managed better generally. Hence the title of this review. As I write this I am staying in a standard room at the Residence Inn Mariott in Baltimore. No problems. Normal room. Normal stay. I guess it’s bringing back memories from Rochester.

Room Tip: Ask for accessible room if you are 5'3" or less
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family