“Home Away From Home”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Irondequoit
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I love this hotel and everything about it. I travel to the area many times on business throughout the year. The desk staff are always helpful and friendly. A few times when mistakes have happened with reservations etc. they always do whatever they can to help with the situation. I also like the fact there is an IHOP and a Target right there!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 June 2012

I made my reservation by calling the hotel and established the rate. When I checked out, I was charged $10 more for 2 of the nights. The desk told me I had agreed to that when I checked in. I had signed a paper, however the desk clerk had folded the paper in half and only showed me the bottom half where I signed. The top half indicated the rate. In my telephone conversation, there was no discussion of a different rate for different nights The clerk eventually changed the rate, but not without some discussion. Hotel was very noisy on Saturday evening. Do not trust this hotel. I had a pleasant conversation in booking the hotel, but they were not honest with me

Room Tip: Ask foe a room away from from the major freeway
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Butterfield454
girlywifey, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Hello! I do realize that it can be confusing to be charged different rates on different nights. I was more than happy to adjust the $9.00 more that was charged for two of the four nights that you stayed with us. I always recommend reading something completely before signing it. We in no way meant to deceive anyone by having the rates listed at the top of the registration card and the signature line at the bottom. Please do not hesitate to contact myself by phone or email if I may be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

My wife and I stayed one night. Found tha staff (esp. Daisy) very helpful and friendly. The room was clean and the bed a little soft for my liking. The hotel is starting to show some signs of wear...The breakfast had the usual fare as found in most hotels. We didn't do much other than shop...the Mall behind the hotel is non-existent...just Sears, Macy's and Target. You have to drive about 20 to get to a decent mall. Would go back there again if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
girlywifey, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Hello! Thank you so much for your kind words. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Daisy is truly asset to our hotel and we are glad that she is part of our team. We do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 August 2011

We stayed here while traveling to the East Coast. Found the beds to somewhat sink to the middle - at least in the room we stayed. The staff was not as friendly or accommodating as the other Holiday Inns we stayed in. It was just an okay place. Not sure about the location - as to safety in surrounding area.
Probably would not stay there again. Nothing notably wrong with the hotel. Just a very average place to stay. And, we hit several Holiday Inns and Expresses on this trip. All others much more friendly/accommodating. And, just nicer to stay in. But, again, nothing that one would have to say - stay away.

1  Thank travelingmom1955
IDQNYManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2011

Thank you for your honest feedback. We strive to ensure that every guest has an enjoyable stay and am sorry to hear that your seat was just average. If you would like to further discuss this please do not hesitate to contact me at nicole.taft@pillarhotels.com.
I do hope that you choose to stay with us again and I can assure you that you and your family will have a more enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 2 August 2011

We spend two nights when visiting the Museum of Play in Rochester. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, the pool was great for the kids. The location is close to restaurants and lots of shopping! But the best part, hot breakfest in the morning. I would definitly come back at this hotel and would consider staying again in a Holiday inn express. We had a great experience

1  Thank 5voyageurs
IDQNYManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to send in your review. We love our hot breakfast too! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stay here whenever we visit family in Irondequoit and just love the value the hotel offers. The staff was knowledgeable and helpful. Room was immaculate and the breakfast was great! And you can walk to Target from here! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank MollyC8
IDQNYManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2011

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. It was a pleasure having you here and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 July 2011

This hotel was great! The room was large, clean (we had a suite). Had a fridge and a microwave. We had two queen beds and a pull-out (not that we needed it). This hotel had an amazing breakfast in the morning (eggs, biscuits, sausage gravy, cereals, yogurt, juices, etc.) that is included with your room. The location of the hotel was really close to everything. Three big malls within 20 minutes driving. Grocery store across the street, Target right next door and an IHOP right in the parking lot!! Staff was very nice. I must give a shout out to Brendon, Lorren, Dominic and Eddy and Manager Nicole. Hotel has a pool which is great fun for the kids because it gives them something to do. If you are planning to go shopping in Rochester then I would suggest this place.

Room Tip: Try hotels.com for cheap rates!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
IDQNYManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and it was a pleasure to meet you and your family! We all hope to see you again soon!

Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit

Also consider these accommodations in or near Irondequoit
Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit
Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown
Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece
Hampton Inn Rochester Webster
Rochester Airport Marriott
Rochester Airport Marriott
#9 of 29 in Rochester

Been to Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit? Share your experiences!