“Excellent home cooked breakfast - feels like you are at home”
Review of Atlas Eats

Atlas Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My son and I were visiting Rochester for a weekend and I read about Atlas Eats. We ventured to this small cafe for a mid-morning breakfast on a Friday. There were two other tables already taken, but there are not that many tables in the cafe, so I suspect it can be hard to eat there on weekends (there are a couple of tables outside as well).

We ordered the egg and bacon on a cheese biscuit and I had the ranchero roll on foccachia. Both were excellent. My son ordered orange juice, and they offered him Orangina instead - which I thought was a little odd to offer breakfast without a juice option. Nonetheless, the biscuit was amazing and the presentation was beautiful on the plate with some mustard greens tossed in a light vinaigrette dressing.

The service was very friendly and quick. And we will be venturing back there for lunch before we leave (and of course, picking up a half dozen of the cheese biscuits to go!).

I highly recommend that you try Atlas Eats - you won't be disappointed,

There are newer reviews for Atlas Eats

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Atlas Eats has an ever-changing prefix dinner menu. It was Asian this time out. Our dinners were excellent. You may choose paired drinks or choose your poison. Just sit back and let the presentation begin. Staff are well-versed in the meal of the day; the kitchen operation and food turnaround is well orchestrated. You will not wait long for the next course. Finish with homemade ice cream. There are 2 evening seatings, so if you are the 6 o'clock crowd be prepared to depart for the next diners are coming soon.
Stop by for breakfast, lunch or pick up some bread, pastries, cookies or ice cream to take home.
Unlikely you could just walk-in for dinner, so check the menu ahead of time and make your reservations!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Atlas Eats is just up the street and around the world. A bakery/breakfast/lunch spot most days, on Friday and Saturday nights it goes global, with set menus inspired by international cuisine. Asian street food, for example, or the cuisine of Eastern Europe. Not just straight off the plane follow the recipe stuff, but truly inspired fusions. For brunch try kimchee pancakes. Really. Dinners require reservations and the place ain't big, so check the website for upcoming menus and call for a spot.

1  Thank Jan H
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We just enjoyed a breakfast at Atlas Eats, and not only was the food excellent, it was also very reasonably priced. Breakfast for two with drinks and a pastry dessert was $23.00, and this isn't the typical fare that you might get asset one of our local diners. This was house-made sausage,delicious eggs with spinach and roasted red peppers... and then the pastry. Most places in town get their desserts from Leo's. I'm not complaining... Leo's is nice... but you get the same thing everywhere you go. Atlas Eats its also a bakery... a real bakery, and it was above and beyond good. This is truly a place you should check out.its off the beaten path, and it's great.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I finally had the opportunity to visit this relatively newly opened restaurant. The occasion was a friend's birthday and the 4 of us made reservations.
I was familiar with the Brinkman's previous restaurants (Rochester Club and the Wellesley Hotel located in the Thousand Island Park). It was based upon those great dining experiences that we chose this new spot.
The menu for last night was one that was chosen by the Chef and was inspired by Asian street food. Their menus may be limited, like this night, but the taste divine. Ours was a five course meal with sushi roll, soup, shrimp satay, a Vietnamese hanger steak salad on rice and finished by a Thai style tropical ice cream sandwich.
I am an amateur when it comes to describing all the creative combinations of spices and ingredients that go into each course but suffice it to say your taste buds will love the variety of textures and flavors. In addition to the meal, wait staff regularly offered freshly made bread of several varieties for dipping in the provided oil.
Not to be undone by the food, the service was superb. Again, I am not used to having my coat taken when I arrive and having staff being so attentive with fresh silverware for each new course as well as checking your beverage and your pleasure with that course. Each new course was described in detail by our server.
The restaurant itself is cozy and intimate. There were approximately 25 people dining when we were there. It has an open kitchen so you can see the preparation of your meal. Conversations were easy to have between the 4 of us. The owners themselves stopped by our table multiple times to ensure our needs were met.
The price for a dining experience of this caliber (approximately $100 for two with wine but without tip) was very reasonable.
We will be checking their website for their inspired menus when next we have a special occasion to celebrate.