Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino
US$99
US$97
Travelocity
US$122
All reviewsislandia marriottlong islandfront deskthe concierge loungestayed at the marriottbreakfast buffetbusiness tripbaseball heavennice staynew yorklobbycamillerenovationweddingtournamentbistroli
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

George in the bar was wonderful. He helped us with directions, gave us help in the restaurant and also gave us help in getting to the city. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels, and had countless employees I have interacted with - George made our experience memorable and fun. I hope he gets recognized for his service! We spent three days at the Hotel and George was the highlight for us. What a fabulous experience and we highly recommend the hotel to anyone.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We spent time at the bar tonight and last night, we just got engaged and were celebrating ... George the bartender made the evening terrific .. The hotel staff went above and beyond the call of duty. We highly recommend this hotel, and would stay here again

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I had the misfortune of staying at this hotel in early July, while attending a convention. The property was only average, with mediocre customer service. Upon arriving, the porter lost our luggage and it could not be located for 6 hours. My husband was unable to attend the dinner that evening as he only had shorts and flip flops. After hours of arguing with the staff on the premises, and waiting for the luggage to be located, they finally agreed to give us a small voucher for him to buy dress clothes. The amount given was insufficient to even buy a decent pair of pants and shirt, much less shoes.

What was really terrible was that the rooms had no safes. I've never been to a hotel in this day and age that doesnt have a safe in the room. Because there was no safe, I had to keep my valuable belongings in a small bag that I stored behind the sofa cushion. Upon leaving, I forgot a very valuable item in this pouch, and tried desperately to seek assistance from the hotel to locate it. I was met with the most rude, uncooperative manager who refused to investigate the matter. It shocks me that the hotel knows exactly who cleaned the room, at what time, and it is likely that that person came across my item. Still, Mary Ann Gangrati, insisted that the Marriot is not responsible and refused to help me. She repeatedly (like a broken record), told me that there was a communal safe in the lobby that I should have used. Anyone with any sense would know that a safe that is not under the individual's control, that I cannot set the password to, that is not in my room and I have no domain over, is not a private or safe place to store anything valuable.

While I regret my mistake of leaving this item, I could not believe how rude and unprofessional this staff was, especially Mary Ann, who refused to investigate and help me. I have filed a police report and hope to seek a resolution. But I wanted to make others aware of this terrible customer service, and unorganized, unsafe hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank neha c
Reviewed 6 August 2014

While I was unable to stay with this hotel, I've stayed there many times before. In this particular instance our company has had our group meal services hosted by Marriott each evening this week. I have food allergies and was attended to by a member of their staff with a most wonderful smile and care in ensuring that I was protected. Thank you Jennifer for your above and beyond service, the banana split was a wonderful surprise.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We recently used this hotel for several of our traveling baseball teams who participated in a local tournament. Our program had about 80 families staying at the property without a single compliant. The staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome, room selection, late checkouts, directions to local fields, local attractions and a smile when you entered the hotel. I cannot speak highly enough of the staff. It was one of the best experiences I have had in a hotel. As a frequent business traveler, I would stay here for either business or pleasure if I needed a hotel in the area. We hope to be back there next year.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends