“Perfect Experience”

Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Perfect Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

Last minute trip and needed help finding place stay close to brothers wedding they took great care of us got us in last minute. The facilities; rooms ate grade A, pool and exercise room is great there is always coffee available and love the book exchange in the pleasant lobby, way above average and the staff make you feel at home Andrea the front office manager is amazing and very competent person and makes sure every guests stay is pleasant and most likely doesn't get paid enough. Quite refreshing experience you font find too many people and places enough anymore like this.This is my only choice when coming to visit ithaca.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Kellyrm75
gmibobroff, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ithaca, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Thanks for your kind words and I will be sure to let Andrea know that she made your stay fantastic. We strive to hire great people as your stay is about having a good experience. I'm glad we were there for you and hope to see you again in Ithaca.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Hebrew first
Bridgeport, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

I made my reservation a month in advance and requested a quiet room. The room we were assigned to was over the hotel entrance and parking lot. All night we heard conversations and car noise, not to mention the hotel faces a busy street. The air conditioner sounded like a turbo engine. I was told the hotel was fully booked so changing my room wasn't an option. My room rate was adjusted.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thanks for giving us a try and I'm sorry your visit was not up to your expectations. We do our best to accommodate everyone's requests and on a sold out night it is especially difficult to guess which area of the hotel will be the quietest. Second floor is always quieter but it sounds like it still wasn't enough. My apologies.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

Wasn't sure what to expect staying at a Country Inn for the first time but we were pleasantly surprised. With most of the area hotels booked solid or way overpriced we found this hotel to be still quite reasonable. Rooms were quiet despite it being a full house. We had a 2 queen 1 bedroom suite-although not spacious, the beds were comfortable. Loved the kitchenette! Pool was nice and had a great view! Right next door to a Purity Ice Cream! Pull out couch left a lot to be desired as did the complimentary breakfast, but overall we were pleased with our experience and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013
I'm glad we were there for you in a pinch! Having suites with the bedroom in the back of the living rooms does help cut down on noise when sleeping even with a full house. We are continually striving to upgrade our breakfast within corporate requirements and welcome feedback.
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

My husband and I only spent one night here, but were happy we had chosen it. It is close to downtown but there's no problem finding a place to park and it's in a very quiet location. We were delighted to have a Jacuzzi tub in our room even though we hadn't requested it and enjoyed the fact that there is a lending library on the premises. I started a book there that I finished by ordering it from my local library, but I could have returned it at another location or mailed it back to Country Inn and Suites.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

We came to Ithaca so my daughter can visit Cornell University. I looked around to see what options were available and the Country Inn had a reasonable rate and the reviews were favorable. The hotel is kind of outside of "town" so if you are arriving around dinner time, eat before you check in. The only place nearby was a small pizza place. There's not much nearby so you don't have to worry about noise. When we were there in late June, they were doing some construction work on the intersection where the hotel is located so there may be a slight delay getting in & out. Construction noise is not an issue.

We actually stayed here two separate times. The first night we got a suite w/ one queen bed. The living room was spacious although it was kind of dark. We turned on all the lights and even then we thought it was still not bright enough. There was a microwave & small fridge w/ coffee maker. The bathroom was a good size, not cramped. The bed was comfortable. There was a TV in both the living room & bedroom.

We stayed here again two days later. We made a loop around central NYS and made no plans for the third night. We started driving down along Cayuga Lake and saw that we were not far from Ithaca. Since we liked the hotel, I called to see if they had rooms for that night. The clerk was nice enough to give me a room at the same rate I paid two nights earlier even though the rate had gone up by almost $60 for a mid-week! This time we got a suite w/ 2 queen beds - nice!

Breakfast was good. There was enough seating area for everyone when we came down - 7:30-8:30ish. USA Today & Wall Street Journal available. Cookies available at night. What more can you ask for? We would stay here again if our daughter goes to school in Ithaca.

Green Features: they had a card on the bed that gives you the option for the maid not to change your sheets every day. good idea.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
It's so great that you thought of us on your trip back through the Ithaca area. We strive to make repeat guests out of everyone. As you can see we love our repeats! Luckily that town construction you an into was only temporary as they ran new water pipe lines. I'm glad the noise wasn't bad! We look forward to seeing you once again in Ithaca when your travels bring you back through.
Hudson Valley, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

My husband, college-age son, and I just stayed in this hotel for two nights. The suite was quite roomy. The bedroom had two queen beds, a dresser, TV, nightstand, lounge chair and closet. Meanwhile, the living room had a sofa-bed, lounge chair, desk and work chair, dresser, coffee maker, TV and its own closet. My son chose to stay on the sofa-bed; it was great having privacy, and it was terrific that my son had his own TV and his own closet and lounge chair. There was plenty of room.

The room was clean, the bathrooms were nice, and the hotel was very quiet. It was 90 degrees both days and the air conditioner/temp controls worked great.

The hot tub was very enjoyable ... not too hot, just right.

The breakfast was reasonable. Hot items included French toast and bacon the first day, and scrambled eggs, ham, and roasted potatoes the second day. Make-your-own waffles always available, and the usual assortment of bagels, pastries, oatmeal, fresh fruit, cereal. The breakfast area uses real plates and real silverware, which I consider a very nice touch. I never saw the breakfast area crowded. Everything was organized well.

Delicious coffee, decaf and hot water, as well as those wonderful, fresh cookies were available round-the-clock.

Front desk staff, breakfast room staff and even housekeeping staff were uniformly welcoming and friendly. We even got a little note from the housekeeper asking us to call her if we needed anything additional!

The lobby had a large book that included menus and photos from some notable restaurants in Ithaca, as well as local attractions such as Cayuga River Cruises. That was very helpful to us, when we needed to find a spot for lunch.

Overall, this was a terrific stay. To be fair, I do have two negatives to report, but they are both pretty minor. One was that as I walked around the perimeter of the pool area (after using the hot tub), I noticed quite a few dead bugs and what looked like (in one section, near a back door) even some droppings. I presume that they'd had some extermination work done and just hadn't cleaned up the dead bugs yet, but it did not look too nice. Second, one day when the hot food section had three items, there were only two serving ladles out, so as a result, bits of ham ended up in the eggs, and bits of potatoes in the ham, etc. I have no idea why they didn't have 3 serving spoons out, but that seems easily fixable. (Like I said above, these are pretty minor negatives).

Overall, we had a roomy suite and the staff were efficient and friendly. It is only 3 miles to downtown Ithaca. We would happily stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dianasgarden
Evian
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

We stayed here for two nights in early May and were very happy. The staff were unfailingly welcoming and helpful. The rooms are large, well equipped, comfortable and clean. The Inn is in a quiet location outside Ithaca but with very easy access to town. There is a gas station, store and ATM right across the road. It is also within easy walking distance of the Buttermilk Falls State Park with its beautiful waterfalls. Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
gmibobroff, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ithaca, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thnaks for your kind words! Our staff enjoys their interactions with all our guests and we strive to make everyone smile and feel comfortable. We love having you stay with us. Thank you!