“Still a great hotel, but I miss the eggs and potatoes for breakfast”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ithaca
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hudson Valley, New York
“Still a great hotel, but I miss the eggs and potatoes for breakfast”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I have reviewed this hotel before. I would still give it 5 stars. The staff are nice, the suites are fantastic and roomy. I had some trouble sleeping, and it was great that I could sit and read in the living room area, without disturbing my husband, who was sleeping. The only thing that disappointed me this time, was the shortage of protein choices in the breakfast area. The only hot items we saw that day were these pre-made breakfast sandwiches (Jimmy Dean, I think?), or make-your-own waffles. I don't eat pork, so the sandwiches did not work for me (they contained bacon, I think, or was it sausage?). I like to eat some protein with my breakfast, instead of just carbs, so I was disappointed in the choices, personally. Otherwise, this hotel continues to be lovely, and we expect to be back.
Also, as an aside, this time we took time to see the nearby Buttermilk Falls, which were very impressive!

Room Tip: I've noticed that some rooms have more noise from the nearby road, than other rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
gmibobroff, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ithaca, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
There baaacccckkkkk! thanks for your feedback. We are now serving scrambled eggs and meat every day in addition to a daily rotating hot item. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us and we look forward to hosting you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Hebrew first
Newburgh, New York
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel during a business trip for Ithaca college. Staff was pleasant. Rooms were awesome. Hotel is a great place to stay. Great coffee! The hotel is right near the center of town about 1 mile away. Just a couoke of blocks from the college. Very quiet. Great place.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
gmibobroff, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ithaca, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Your group was well behaved, polite and a joy to serve. We look forward to seeing you all again next year.
Somers Point, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I had a reservation at a horrible hotel in downtown Ithaca. The entire city was sold out. I stopped in to see if the hotel could accomodate me and explained my situation. The nighttime desk agent was awesome and found a room for me. The hotel is clean, comfortable and breakfast was included in the morning. I asked for a to go breakfast and was immediately accomodated. Love this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
gmibobroff, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ithaca, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
I'm so glad we were able to help you last minute. I'm so happy to hear when this works out! Please do keep us in mind for your first choice when coming to Ithaca again.
Exton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

We requested a jacuzzi suite and were told we had one, just to find out we were given a queen suite and charged the same price AND didn't ask if we were okay with it. Asked for a receipt and were told no. Loud and noisy dog near us barked for four hours.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Ballygally18
gmibobroff, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ithaca, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Thank you for your honesty after your visit. It is important that there are 2 sides to every story. You were very pleased the night you were staying with us when we offered private usage of our pool and jacuzzi after hours to make up for the fact we did not have the jacuzzi room you requested. You enjoyed that benefit and thanked us. After our property and the corporate office offered you compensation for a future visit with us or another property you are still not happy...Sounds like there is something more you want.
Temecula
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Out of fairness, my reason for writing another review is because the last time we loved everything about it but the hallway smells. That has most definitely been fixed!!! It smelled fresh and clean everywhere ! The rooms are comfortable and breakfast is good so this is a great value in our opinion. Its close enough to Cornell and easy to get there!! Totally will be back!!! Thank you for listening to the consumer and correcting things!! Loved it!! P.S. they are dog friendly!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisa F
gmibobroff, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ithaca, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
I'm so happy you noticed the improvement. We do listen to our guests and strive for perfection everytime. When we don't, we work hard to get back to the top. Thanks for staying with us again.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Excellent location if you're visiting Ithaca college campus. Our room was nice and large with two queen sized beds and a separate lounge area with a fold out sofa bed, fridge, microwave, coffee maker and large screen TV. Overall, a very spacious and comfortable suite that wouldn't be out of place in a higher grade hotel. The free internet access was reliable and very quick. Complimentary coffee and cookies were on offer in the lobby. The breakfast buffet was respectable for this class of hotel and the hotel also has very good facilities (small pool and gym).

Above all, every one of the staff, from those manning the front desk down to the cleaning staff were really friendly, helpful and welcoming. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Great job guys! Keep up the good standards!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
I'm so glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us. It means a lot that not only did you recognize the good quality facilities we have but also the wonderful staff. We all strive to give our best everyday. We love happy guests and hope to have you stay with us again soon.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

For $100 you are on the road as the college. Free breakfast with make your own Belgium waffles. The indoor pool was nice and warm. The hot tub was nice. The gym had three treadmills and two other machines but were new. No one was on them. Had a queen suite on the end so we could park right outside. Very quiet. Suite had 2 beds, 2 tvs, a separate room with roll out bed, microwave and fridge. Included 2 really comfy white robes. Decor was modern and updated. Hotel was extremely clean. Complimentary coffee, tea, cocoa and papers at all times. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank denisekv
gmibobroff, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ithaca, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Thanks for your great feedback. I think you got us to a "T". We strive hard to provide fabulous service and a clean property and it sounds like we have done that. Happy Holidays.