“Such a relaxing stay!!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Stone Quarry House

Hilltop House From The Pond
Stone Roof and Chimney of the Hilltop House
Hilltop House Deck And View
Hilltop House Main Cabin East Side
Hilltop House Main Cabin West Wall - Sofa With Deck To The Right, Wood Stove To The Left
Hilltop House With Queen Size TempurPedic Sleeper Sofa Set Up in Main Living Cabin
Hilltop House Kitchen, Sink, Fridge/Freezer, Microwave and Countertop Oven, Induction Burner
Hilltop House Main Cottage Lights Designed and Crafted by Master Blacksmith Duran Van Dorn
Hilltop House Sleeping Cabin Exterior
Hilltop House Sleeping Cabin With Queen Size Bed
Sandstone Shower In The Hilltop House Bathhouse
Hilltop House Bathhouse Stone Sink
Hilltop House Sunset View From Main Cottage
Post And Beam House Exterior
Post And Beam House TempurPedic Queen Size Bed, Cantilevered Stone Nightstands Windows Looking West
Post And Beam House Second Floor East Side Cozy Corner Chair Becomes Comfy Twin Size Bed
Post And Beam House Living Room From Upstairs, Sofa Opens To Become Very Comfortable Queen Size Bed
Post And Beam House Living Room, Corner Table Opens To Seat Four With Two Chairs and Two Stools
Post And Beam House Looking Upstairs From Living Room
Post And Beam House Staircase To Second Floor and East Entrance
Post And Beam House Kitchen, Fridge/Freezer, Range and Oven, Dishwasher, Sink. Dishes, Etc. Provided
Post And Beam House Bathroom Sink
Post And Beam Bathroom, Toilet and Washer/Dryer, Shower to the Left (Not Shown)
Tower Cottage Showing Balcony
Main Living Area Of The Tower Cottage, Dining Area on Left, Kitchette on Right, Sitting Area Center
Tower Cottage Bathroom, Glass Tiled Shower on the Left, Stone Sink in Center, Toilet on Left
Tower Cottage Second Floor Bedroom and Cantilevered Stone Stairs
Apartment Sink and Toilet
Apartment Tub/Shower Seen From Bedroom Entrance To The Bathroom
Owners, Buzz and Nancy in the Canary Islands
Main House Garden Entrance
Main House Front Garden Gate, Designed And Fabricated By Master Blacksmith Duran Van Dorn
Main House Root Cellar
Patio With Weber Grill, Near Stone Cottage, Tower Cottage and Apartment
Patio Garden for Guests With Tomatoes, Basil, Peppers, Mint, Stevia. Parsley, Thyme, Sage, And More
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Condo/Apartment -
Studio, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 4
Ithaca, Finger Lakes, New York

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 45 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Any
angia85
New York City
“Such a relaxing stay!!”
Reviewed 5 December 2011 for a stay in August 2011
person found this review helpful

I stayed in the beautiful stone cottage during the first week in August and I enjoyed my stay sooo much. I was supposed to stay with my boyfriend, but things changed and I ended up staying alone and it was some much needed r and r after a very hectic and difficult past couple of months. The grounds are beautiful as is the cottage! I loved the bed, so comfy! And Nancy and Buzz were such gracious hosts! Nancy went above and beyond and was there for me as a friend when I needed someone to talk to. I really appreciate that and will never forget that :) She also was a sweetheart and even took me into town one day when she was running errands so that I could pick up some groceries (I'm a bad driver so I try to stay away from the roads as much as I can) :D I really loved Ithaca and the Stone Quarry House. Thank you soo much for the amazing stay in a country like setting with ducks, chickens, fish and dogs and kitty (who was the sweetest!) Really needed that rest and the cottage and the beautiful serene settings recharged my batteries. Thank you so much!

Travelling group: Solo
Benjamin...
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Comfort and Class Near Cornell Campus”
Reviewed 4 October 2011 for a stay in October 2011
people found this review helpful

We stayed with Nancy and Buzz in the apartment at the Stone Quarry House for a 3-night fall weekend from 9/29/11 through 10/2/11. I am a hotel school alum and consider myself a tough critic. We had four people (wife, three-year old, and best friend from college), and we were pushing the limits of this one-bedroom, one-bathroom apartment. Nonetheless, we had an excellent experience. This is a beautiful residential neighborhood and property, the apartment was clean, cozy and well appointed. Nancy and Buzz were warm and gracious hosts.

The Stone Quarry House is a grouping of three buildings on a large residential property - the main house, the apartment (which is on top of a non-used three-car garage close to the main house), and the cottage (a large one-room cottage). Some reviews mention that this was a B&B, but it is not now, though I would be interested in Nancy and Buzz's cooking if they took that up again. On the property are: a small pond with a handful of ducks; a dozen or so chickens either roaming or in a tidy coop; a beautiful vegetable garden, an outdoor seating area (didn't get to use - cold, wet Ithaca weekend!), large solar panels, and an expansive spread of land on all sides. There are three dogs kept in the house that were very friendly when out (rarely) and the property is dog-friendly, as the guests in the cottage had two dogs with them. The property was extremely quiet and peaceful at all times, especially at night.

When we arrived (BTW - be careful if you are using GPS - there is also a "Stone Quarry Road" in Ithaca a few miles away - but the Stone Quarry House is located on Quarry Road!!), we were greeted by the ducks and then by Buzz and Nancy. We found out that not only was Nancy accommodating to our needs, but also that she was well in tune with our three-year-old. We did not bring much in the way of toys, and Nancy let us use a crate full of wooden railroad tracks and trains, a perfect toy that we could never have brought with us, and which our boy played at for hours. We were also lucky enough to have Nancy babysit for us when we went out to dinner, though she does not advertise this service!

The apartment was cozy and clean. It has a beautiful brand new kitchen which easily fits two people and the counter has two stools underneath it on the living room side. There is also a full-sized dining room table that could fit six easily if you wanted to entertain. The sofa bed in the living room was very comfortable according to my buddy from college, who is six feet tall and finicky. It is made comfortable mainly by the use of a visco-elastic pad add-on and good bedding. The bedroom contains a wonderful king bed, beautiful dresser, matching night tables, and a full closet. A twin-sized aero bed was added for our kid, which definitely made it tight in there. The bathroom, with tub/shower and large sink/vanity/cabinets (and a nice window) was perfect, and included soft, absorbent towels and a built-in dispenser in the shower with basic products. There are two doors to the bathroom - to the bedroom and the living room. The only minor drawback was a difficult placement of the toilet paper dispenser (and I am told that Nancy is strategizing how to fix this - how about under the window Nancy!?).

Overall - this was a great, relaxing, clean and comfortable experience. Nancy obviously strives to please her guests, and my sense that she would do whatever was requested within reason to accommodate her guests. We highly recommend this property.

Travelling group: Family
splash6
Toronto, Canada
“We very much enjoyed our stay at the Stone Quarry House and would go back again”
Reviewed 9 July 2010 for a stay in June 2010
people found this review helpful

My husband and I drove from Ontario Canada and spent 6 days in the apartment to explore the Finger Lake area. We truly enjoyed our stay. Nancy and Buzz were very accommodating and even let us keep our motorbike in their garage as it appeared that there could be rain during our stay. The grounds are beautiful and accommodated a flock of ducks, hens and a rooster. As a result we enjoyed fresh eggs for our breakfast. The apartment was spacious and very clean. The king size bed was so comfortable we could not believe how well we slept at night. The accomodations are in the country side of Ithaca yet very close to a supermarket and just a short drive to the Ithaca Falls, Cornell University and downtown which was a nice surprise as we could drive into town for dinner at night after a full day of sightseeing in the area. We would definitely stay there again if we ever visited the area again.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Charles14...
Gyor, Hungary
“perfect”
Reviewed 21 April 2010 for a stay in April 2010
person found this review helpful

Stone Quarry House offers luxurious solar-powered eco-friendly lodging. We are traveling through the world a lot, but this cottage is our favorite so far.
We loved the kindness of Nancy, who made us unforgettable waffles.
Fresh air, very nice neighbourhood. I hope we will come back someday.

Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Your age range 35-49
KSGR
New York, NY
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 24 August 2008 for a stay in August 2008
person found this review helpful

The Stone Quarry House is wonderful. Just got back from a week in the stone cottage, and I can't wait to go back. It is beautiful, quiet and elegant. The care and craft in the cottage-- and across the entire eco-friendly property-- is inspiring. Guests with refined sensibilities will appreciate the luxe touches (Tempurpedic mattress, super soft towels and sheets, Stickley furniture, etc.). It's a true respite from the everyday, and a great place to experience the best of Ithaca's natural beauty.

Visit was for: Hobbies / interest / culture
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range I prefer not to answer
ChantelK
Buffalo, NY
“Beautiful and relaxing!”
Reviewed 23 April 2008 for a stay in August 2008
people found this review helpful

Myself and two of my best friends stayed at the Stone Quarry House for a fun and relaxing "girls weekend." It was one of the most beautiful and picturesque places I had ever been! The property is just gorgeous - like out of a movie. Beautiful architecture, a serene little lake and cute dogs - oh my!

We stayed in the apartment which was perfect! It was stocked with everything a traveler would ever need to feel right at home. The place was spotless and homey... we didn't want to leave. The bed was so comfortable, I fell asleep on it at 10:30 on a Saturday night!! Yikes!

In response to other reviewers... I'm absolutely stunned that anyone would ever suggest that the rooms are anything but immaculate! Both the apartment and cottage were as clean as a whistle and decorated beautifully. I fell in love with the photographs that lined the walls in the apartment! And to say the beds are uncomfortable, I guess that person doesn't appreciate cozy mattresses, big fluffy comforters and giant pillows!

We also had a tour, given by Nancy, the nicest woman you'd ever want to meet, of the cottage. It is outstanding! It is an impressive arts and crafts style cottage perfect for a romantic get-away!

If you are ever in Ithaca - a terrific little town by the way - do yourself a favor and stay here! It was the best B&B I've ever stayed at and we can't wait to come back!

Thanks Nancy!

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: The atmosphere. Calm and relaxing!!!!! A great break!
Liked least: Nothing - the place was perfect!
Visit was for: Quality time with friends
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
louann76
Buffalo
“Ahhhhhmazing”
Reviewed 21 April 2008 for a stay in April 2008
person found this review helpful

This property and its owners are amazing. It was a relaxing, beautiful place to stay. The morning's by the pond with a cup of tea and a book is just the type of meditative and relaxing moment anyone can use.
I was here for a girl's weekend (perfect) but I would also bring my husband and two small children to stay. There is plenty of room in both the apartment (where I stayed) and the cottage. Everything is really well done with a great style ala Frank Lloyd Wright.
The bed was so comfortable and beautiful. The apartment was nice and clean and the fact that there was a full kitchen was great.
Nancy is wonderful and caring. She is very helpful and knowledgeable about Ithaca. Thank you for the lovely time. We can only hope we were as good of guests as you were hostess.

Thank You.

Liked best: That is was NOT a hotel
Liked least: That I could not stay longer
Visit was for: Quality time with friends
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing