“Fun day!”
Review of Sciencenter

Sciencenter
Ranked #16 of 62 things to do in Ithaca
More attraction details
Owner description: The Sciencenter inspires excitement for science through interactive exhibits and programs that engage, educate and empower. The hands-on museum offers visitors of all ages more than 250 exhibits, educational programs, a gift shop, an outdoor science park and a seasonal miniature golf course. Look, touch, listen & discover at the Sciencenter. The Sciencenter is open Tuesday - Saturday 10 am - 5 pm and Sunday 12 pm - 5 pm. Open Mondays in July and August and holiday Mondays. The Sciencenter is closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Years Day.
Ithaca, NY
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Fun day!”
Reviewed 25 August 2011

The Sciencenter is a great place to spend a few hours. Fun for all ages. Lots of great exhibits and interesting displays. Affordable and great place for a cold winter or rainy day!

Visited February 2011

Buffalo, New York
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Great for Kids!”
Reviewed 19 July 2011

The Sciencenter has tons of fun, but still educational, things to keep kids and adults entertained. My two kids under 10 happily spent a day there, with occasional breaks on the Sciencenter's playground. We didn't even get a chance to play the miniature gold game. We've been there twice and will happily return even though it's a three hour trip. Reciprocity with my local science museum membership made this a deal.

Visited April 2011
2 Thank DayTripper1630
Buffalo, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“One of the better science centers”
Reviewed 3 April 2008

It might not be a huge museum, but it sure packs a good punch! We went in Sept 07 when we visited my sister at college. All of us, including our daughter, 15 months at the time, had a lot of fun playing with the exhibits. They were well designed, displayed, and explained. There is something for everyone as long as you're a kid at heart. I loved the diversity of the exhibits and the fact that they could engage multiple age groups.

My husband and I are big on visiting science/natural history museums where ever we live or travel, and this one ranks up there as one of the better ones we've been to. If we lived in Ithaca, we would get a membership to it. It is a museum that could hold your interest with repeated visits.

3 Thank PunchieGirl
CT
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Awesome Place For Adults And Kids To Enjoy”
Reviewed 20 December 2006

I was visiting Ithaca with my husband and children. My husband was visiting on business and we were tagging along. I needed something to do with the children ages 3 years and 4 months old while my husband was in his meetings. The Sciencenter was suggested to me by a clerk in the local supermarket. I decided to give it a try and had planned to spend an hour or so there and then go to lunch. Well 4 hours later, I had to literally pry my 3 year old away from the exhibits. He had an absolute blast. Everything was hands on and experiential. It was a safe, intellectually stimulating place for children to explore and learn. I enjoyed the exhibits as well. It was very family friendly and we had an awesome time there. There was even an infant and toddler play area for very small children. I cannot say enough about how impressed I was. All of this for such a small financial investment as well! We will be planning a return visit!!

5 Thank lakelivinCt