“Pleasant surprise”
Review of Sciencenter

Sciencenter
Ranked #9 of 72 things to do in Ithaca
More attraction details
Owner description: The Sciencenter inspires excitement for science through interactive exhibits and programs that engage, educate and empower. The hands-on museum offers visitors of all ages more than 250 exhibits, educational programs, a gift shop, an outdoor science park and a seasonal miniature golf course. Look, touch, listen & discover at the Sciencenter. The Sciencenter is open Tuesday - Saturday 10 am - 5 pm and Sunday 12 pm - 5 pm. Open Mondays in July and August and holiday Mondays. The Sciencenter is closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Years Day.
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

What to do when it rains on your vacation and you are going crazy I'm your rental house? Take the kids to the Ithaca Sciencenter. An educational and fun way to spend a few hours. My three year old loved the sand box and the water exhibits. My 8 year old had fun reading all the exhibits. I wish we had a Sciencenter in our town.

All reviews
"human body"
"re entry"
"younger set"
in 2 reviews
"lots of interactive exhibits"
"animal room"
"middle school"

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I loved this place. Unfortunately our time was limited; we could have spent hours here. I've taken my kids to lots of children's museums with the hands-on science stuff, but the Sciencenter in Ithaca is a huge step above. It had activities that I had never seen before. And the gift shop is filled with really cool brainy games. I recommend shopping there for the next kid's birthday party or holiday.

1  Thank Momonaroadtrip
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stop in for a visit every time we come to town. The first time was when my 17-year-old was probably 3. There's always something new and interesting and it's great for older kids as well as younger. Great indoor activities but the outdoor playground/learning center is also a lot of fun. So much hands on and activities to inspire. Nice partnership with Cornell University on some exhibits as well. Wish every town had a Sciencenter!!

1  Thank Melaine R
Reviewed 1 May 2014

So much to see and do! Hands-on, brains-on, fun-on place. Great for ages 1.5-10, but ideal for the 3-7 crowd.

1  Thank BookersMama