“Fantastic Wedding Venue”

John Joseph Inn and Elizabeth Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: An elegant estate on over 110 acres offering weddings, retreats and private functions year round. Our Inn offers 6 luxurious suites with fireplaces and jacuzzi tubs with full private baths year round. Built on the foundation of the culinary attributes of Chef/ Owners and Culinary Institute Of America Alumni John and Elizabeth Hamilton, bringing local ingredients and truly memorable culinary experiences. Join us for our winter public dinning series where we host multi course tastings open to the public!
Walpole, Massachusetts
“Fantastic Wedding Venue”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

John did a great job with the wedding we attended this weekend. The location was amazing, the accommodations were great, plenty of space for everyone and the warm blueberry muffins and OJ that he brought every room each morning were an awesome touch also! The location has a great view and the property has some great places for pictures. This is a top notch wedding venue!

• Visited October 2013

Auburn, California
“The Wedding Venue - Fabulous”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I didn't do justice to the quality of food that was prepared for us during this wedding weekend venue. We had a fantastic rehearsal dinner - just down home cooking but delectable. The reception menu was unbelievable because all the food was served and it was hot and it was generous. I think the steaks had to be more than 1/2 lb. The Salmon was delectable. I did not tast the raviolis but my table guests said it was very good. The finesse and charm of this Inn is unbelievable. This husband and wife team have the perfect place for that special occasion.
Now, comes the best part: we had Sunday brunch that was even more delectable. The buffet choices were amazing. I think I must have gained a few pounds over this weekend eating extreavangaza.

1 Thank GrammyJ43
Fayetteville, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely Perfect!”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My husband and I were married at the John Joseph Inn on July 13, 2013. I don’t even know where to begin because I couldn’t have imagined our wedding being any more perfect than it was. John Hamilton and his wife Elizabeth have a beautiful venue. The first time I visited the venue, I knew it was the one, and it was in the late in the winter!. I could see past the winter grounds, I knew the grounds would be beautiful in the summer. After meeting with John I knew we had hit the jackpot. John and his staff do EVERYTHING. The food, the bar, the tent, the tables, the chairs, the dance floor, etc. The only things you need to get outside the inn are the entertainment, flowers, and photographer. We loved that there weren’t extra charges for every little thing. The inn on the property is beautiful, each room has its own personality. The rooms are decorated in a very county, but chic way, including a local favorite designer, Mackenzie-Childs. I loved that we were able to be on site from Friday to Sunday. We had our rehearsal dinner at the venue and it was absolutely fabulous. We chose the BBQ option, but it was far from any ordinary BBQ. Our wedding day was perfect. The day started with baskets of breakfast goodies from John, which was a great touch! Our whole day was relaxed. We got ready in the inn. I am so glad I didn’t have to go to a hair salon, and then a ceremony venue, and then a reception venue, it was so easy! I loved watching the day come together from the windows of the inn. Our ceremony was perfect, the cocktail hour in the gardens was beautiful, and the reception was absolutely stunning! We chose the plated premier dinner option. The food was some of the best food we had ever tasted. We have been to so many weddings at all different venues and none of them can hold a candle to the food that is prepared by John and Elizabeth, there aren’t even restaurants in the Upstate New York region that can come close to the food selections. Elizabeth made our cake. She did a fantastic job and it was delicious. Wedding cake is usually not something that is raved about, but all I kept hearing was how good the cake was. We chose to have brunch for our guests the next morning. This brunch was just as fabulous as the rehearsal dinner and the wedding dinner. John has an amazing staff. I cannot thank them enough for making our wedding weekend perfect. You could tell that the staff enjoyed their jobs. They were very professional.

Trust John. You might not hear from him as often as you like, but he knows what he is doing. Not one thing was overlooked or missed at our wedding. He did things that I forgot about. He is a true artist – he will make your day unforgettable.

Our wedding at the John Joseph Inn was absolutely perfect. I cannot complain about one thing, except I wish the days lasted longer! If you are looking for a beautiful venue that has amazing owners and staff, look no further because John and Elizabeth are outstanding.

Emily & Mark Zipprich

1 Thank Emily Z
Auburn, California
“A wedding delight!”
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

While attending my nieces wedding, I was exposed to the lovely Inn as well as the Elizabeth Restaurant. The rehearsal dinner of corn on the cob, brisket and chicken and their hose cold slaw was very flavorful. The apple crisp was a great way to end this lovely feast. A bit pricey but worth it!!

2 Thank GrammyJ43
New York City, New York
“Most Amazing Wedding Venue!”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

If I could give this venue and its owner, John Hamilton, higher than five stars on everything, I would! From beginning to end, John made our wedding the most special weekend of our lives. Rather than just rave, I will break it down:

Planning: John made the planning easy and seamless. He provided a vendor list that I found extremely helpful when it came to booking all the extras, like florist, DJ, etc. He always answered all of my (many) questions, either by email or phone, within a few days of sending them to him. We had a planning session via Skype since we were planning from New York City. John spent almost two hours with us, chatting and getting a feel for the wedding we wanted.

Property: The Inn itself could not be more idyllic--it's a breathtaking backdrop for a wedding. The gardens were amazing and beautifully kept, plus there were lambs (!) roaming in the back. The rooms themselves are amazing--each one has its own character, with flat screens and jacuzzi tubs. John brought breakfast baskets each morning that had the BEST muffins in the world in them--most mornings the muffins were still warm when we got them.

Day of: We had a short rehearsal the night before, and everything went off without a hitch. John's staff was warm and welcoming as well, and did a beautiful job setting up for the reception. Also, it was amazing that my bridesmaids and I got to relax up in the bridal suite until it was time to go down, and then John came to collect us.

Food: THE FOOD! It was crazy good--not your normal wedding fare. We did three appetizers during cocktail hour and then the plated dinner, and everyone raved about the food (particularly the steak)! The cake was also amazing with buttercream and fresh strawberries.

Service: The service at the reception was remarkable. The bartenders were personable and attentive, and there was never a long wait at the bar. The specialty drink was a perfect touch too.

This place does not disappoint!!!

• Visited June 2013