“A most delightful B&B!”

Ranked #7 of 18 Ithaca B&B and Inns
Geneva, Switzerland
“A most delightful B&B!”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

This bed and breakfast was a wonderful surprise. Each room is decorated in southern France or Italian style with a whimsical touch. There is an outdoor hot tub relaxing in any weather. The rooms were well decorated, visually pleasing. The hosts were most welcoming and helpful. Our view from the room in the morning was beautiful, looking over the lake and towards the city of Ithaca. Breakfast was a tastebud delight of uniquely combined fresh and healthy vegetables and eggs. It was nice to find such a place in Ithaca. We got the procrastinator's special rate which made it more affordable. The hostess gave us a small token gift - another nice surprise! as we left.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the lake, the higher up the better view.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 October 2012

My boyfriend has never visited Ithaca, so I wanted to find a place to stay that had a romantic, beauitful setting near Cayuga Lake. Well.. We were so impressed with our experience. Our stay at Cayuga Lakefront was not only wonderful, but one of the most amazing stays we've had.. ever. First, the location..absolutely stunning. The decor..historically elegant with the extra touches of home. Making you feel at home and like royalty at the same time. Diane, the owner was wonderful, fun, friendly, gave us a tour of her other lakefront inn as well, and Peggy, who works at the B&B was such a delight and cooked us some of the best breakfast we've ever had. Not only was the B&B stunning with a lakefront view (from every room..including downstairs) but Diane and Peggy went above and beyond to cater to us and accomodate us. Nice, easy going, and friendly as if we have known each other for years. I could write so much more about our experience, but limited space to write unfortunately.In the end, I could picture a wedding taking place here. Great for romantic getaways, weddings, or bringing the whole family and renting out an entire house. We can't wait to come back and plan another beautiful escape to Cayuga Lakefront B&B.

Room Tip: every floor has a view, but top floor, balcony room in both houses: STUNNING room and view! Read you...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lilygwyn
Olean, NY
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I loved my 2 day stay here with the intention of getting away from the day to day for a little while and with a peaceful surrounding and if I felt like, going a short distance to see something different. I definitely found that here! Chris and Laura were very delightful from accommodating me at the last minute to an already planned 8 course meal with other guests, to knowing the area and different recommendations for what any guest was looking for during their stay. I had the chance to see many of the rooms and each has their own theme and different "vibe". I stayed in the French Countryside East suite and while there were many items about the room I felt that it had a more lived in feel to it. Other rooms were more spacious, but each had a beautiful view of the lake and surrounding hills. Diane the owner is a wonderful hostess as well. When Diane describes the Inn as being "whimsical" it certainly is. You will not find a TV, but they do have Wifi. There are wonderful decorating touches, but don't be surprised to see colorful ribbons and a hula hoop here and there. Naturally there may be recommendations, such as a book in the rooms of things to do or places to eat in the area for when the hosts are not available. Also someone in the house during the normal check in times wold be a little more helpful. However that being said if you stay and observe the area you will notice that the owners heart has been poured into creating a wonderful relaxing environment.If you are looking for a place to reconnect or spend quality time with yourself, a partner, or family, then Lakefront Inns is a more than suitable place. I am already planning a return trip with my husband and another with friends. The pricing on the rooms, is in accurate range of what other B&B's ask and less than a higher end hotel. But if you are looking to have someone cater to your every whim, want, need, and desire constant internet/TV access, this is not the place for you. I would recommend a high priced hotel instead.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2012 via mobile

My family stayed here on a short trip to Ithaca. Having to rent two rooms to fit our family was going to be $375 which we were actually charged $400 per night for. No one was there when we arrived so we called the owner and she talked us through the directions to our rooms. The rooms were clean but there was no heat or air controls in our room.. Or we couldn't find them. Thank goodness it was a nice night where we were able to keep a breeze coming through a door.

Breakfast the next morning was a disaster. They had ran out of coffee earlier in the week so she had to run out and get some. Then they ran out of juice so our choice was tap water or whatever we had brought with us. You just expect a little more preparedness from a fairly expensive b&b.

Overall.. We made the best of our stay and loved the view but will never go back or recommend the lakefront inn.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Shaylyndi
Scarsdale, New York
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Stayed here last-minute with my mom and daughter... it was SUCH a treat! We dropped our stuff off (Diane was not there, but we were instructed to call when we arrived and she was super-pleasant and guided us to our room on the phone) before heading back out to dinner... barely making it as we tested out the wonderful handmade hammock in the room and didn't want to get out of it! When we got back, we spent the whole night exploring the room - a scrabble game was left on the table and we indulged in a game - there were books, stamps, old magazines, glitter wands, ribbons, quotes and, of course, the hot tub which kept us up 'til all hours of the night! In the morning, I slept in as I'm a vegan and assumed there would be nothing spectacular for me for breakfast. Was I ever wrong!! Diane made an amazing smoothie for me AND a fun quinoa dish with greens, fresh fruit and crackers - I have never been so full from a breakfast at a "hotel". Unfortunately, we had an appointment and had to run, but I could've stayed and chatted with her all day. As other reviewers noted, there were no locks on all doors, but it didn't bother us much... esp. being out in the middle of seemingly nowhere. My mom ventured as we headed out for dinner, "if someone wants to steal my old-lady underwear, go for it!" ;) I can't wait to go back and spend more time there! Our trip was too rushed to fully enjoy the serenity and whimsy of the place.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Vegg1eStar
Ft Washington, PA
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Four girlfriends stayed for a long weekend, hiking, eating, and wine tasting through Ithaca's gorges, waterfalls, farmer's market, and vineyards. We choose this B&B because they had a room that could sleep all four of us. We've stayed at lots of different places, from simple to chic, and we appreciate all sorts of different tastes, from sleek and modern to kitschy and whimsical. But this B&B threw us for a loop... Shabby chic is not accurate. An older review said Havisham-ish. That's closer to the truth. Kinda new agey, angel/witchy, weird? Everyone was very nice, breakfast service was great, and Diane served us up a wonderful bottle of champagne when we arrived. Breakfast was decent. The hot tub was great under the stars. Not having A/C wasn't as bad as I expected with the ceiling fans, but not something I would risk again. The lake view was nice. But the room was just a bit too off for my tastes. Had to clear off magazine clippings, photos, books, and tinsel 'halos' from the beds, dressers, tables, even towels to make room for anything and everything. The queen bed was not comfortable -- could use a new mattress. There were cobwebs in the corners, and three out of the four of us came back with mysterious bites. I think some people would really like this B&B. It just wasn't for me.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Cheektowaga, New York
Reviewed 16 July 2012

My boyfriend and i wanted a nice romantic B&B to stay at for our first vacation. I went on line and searched Lake front inn 2 and found the pictures to be wonderful and immediately booked the place. When we got there it was not what was advertised. When we pulled up no one was there to tell us where to go. We had to call Diane to find out what room was ours and find a staff member to help us, we waited over an hour for the owner to get there. The landscaping was all weeds and not clean, there was no security on the doors nor when you first walk in. We were told to go into the room that was ours when the last people that were there hadnt even checked out. This made us very uncomfortable that someone would do that to us when we left for the day.

The "under the stars" jacuzzi was a hot tub behind a rickity old green fence that had weeds as tall as me. the rooms were not spacious as the pictures indicated. When i told the owner how i felt she basically told us to see where the day went to see if we wanted to stay there. They even asked my boyfriend to fix the hot tub, that apparently wasnt working.

For over $200 a night this was what i would call false advertising, she was not accommidating when we asked to have the room upstairs, that we would have been willing to the the extra for, it was the only room with a lake view. The house is over 1000 ft from the lake, so this is no lake front inn.

Luckily i made some calls and found a wonderful B&B in Dundee which is just outside of watkins glenn, a very nice older couple rent out rooms in their home and it was lovely. They were very friendly and helpful with where we wanted to visit.

the Lake front inn staff had no clue where anything was and didnt seem to know much of anything. They said they were booked full yet we came right while breakfast was being served and we found no one else in the Inn but staff. While the owner is very nice, This is not a place that we would ever stay again. Still waiting on my refund for the night we had to pay in advance for.

If your looking for nice places to stay that are in the wine trail area, stay on Seneca Lake around Watkins Glenn. I will never recommend Lake front inn 2 to anyone.....

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple