Although the view is nice, this is not a "Lake Front" property. It is a "Lake View" property. The lake is close to (or maybe over) a mile away. We booked this room several months in advance. We are a group of guys who go on an annual motorcycle trip for 4 days. This place was our last stop. We usually try to end the trip with a nicer place that we can really relax after 3 days of hard riding. The place was still under construction when we got there. I received 3 voice mails asking how many would be coming. I confirmed this months in advance. When we got there I was told by the owner that I only confirmed 5 and that she would help us to "make adjustments" to the rooms. One single bed room was full of tools and the walls were not completed. The other rooms were one or two beds in each. We had to double up on rooms and in one case a bed which was a pull out. The owner suggestd that I stay upstairs in a room that was unsecure next to a woman who comes on the weekends but she would "have to check if it was cool with her first" One of our party found the bathroom with an unflushed toilet.
We had a couple below us arguing all night long loudly (no sound proofing) and there was absolutely zero security. The doors were always unlocked. She told us no smoking on the porch outside. The guy downstairs smoked all weekend on the porch.
7 of us were restricted to using one shower which took forever to get ready to leave. There was a second unfinished bathroom that had a wall opened to the bedroom of tools that we couldn't really use. I was told in advance that the building was under renovation and that it would be ready with no issues by the time our trip came up.
One good thing was the cook "Melinda". Very nice and a good cook too.
When we checked out, our bill was higher than agreed upon which led us to a laptop to confirm the agreed upon price. This place was not relaxing for me.
We have stayed at plenty of these places and we always had our own rooms, no hassels on the price and, a very relaxing experience. I was uncomfortable here from the get go.
I won't stay here again although it may get better after its completed and someone is hired to handle the guests. We were offered no apology or discount for any of this. If your going north in NY, try Platsburg and the Sunnyside B&B. It's ran by an 82 yr old lady that is just wonderful. And it's right on the lake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Front Inns are three beautiful properties on the east shore of Cayuga Lake near Ithaca, NY. Properties include a bed and breakfast as well as private Villa houses for small groups. Accomadations include a gourmet breakfast, high speed internet, hot tub and a serene atmosphere. We currently have three artists in(n) residence on our property, and guests are welcome to visit their studios upon appointment. Set in the heart of the Finger Lakes, Lake Front Inn is Ithaca's hotel alternative. We also have room for event space rentals, including dinner parties and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Cayuga Lake Front Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- a Cayuga Lakefront Hotel Ithaca
- a Cayuga Lakefront Bed And Breakfast