“Have pets- great location ”
Review of Trip Hotel Ithaca

Trip Hotel Ithaca
Ranked #22 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is going thru a major renovation and staying open during this renovation may be why it is at the bottom of the hotel list. We stayed on the pet floor near the west entrance and it is torn up in the hallway. Our rooms had already been renovated and they were clean and comfortable. The flooring was carpet and not new- but clean. (Pet rooms still have carpet) there are bike paths and sidewalks nearby- so it was easy to walk our dog. The neighborhood is very nice and Ithaca Coffee is right around the corner. All in all we had a good stay and the staff was very friendly.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank LMcNic

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for when we flew in for my sister in laws wedding. When we first pulled I was a bit concerned. When I walked into the lobby, it didn't help ease my concern so I asked if I could see the rooms first. The lady at the front desk was very kind & allowed me to see them. I was completely in shock. The rooms are way updated with a crisp clean modern look. They put in laminate wood flooring which added to the appeal. The rooms are completely not what I had expected when I first saw the place.
We will definitely stay here again when we come back to visit.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival my wife and I were a little tentative about the appearance. Honestly we weren't sure if we had the right place. Walked into the reception area and were very kindly greeted. You could right away see that updates were happening. Still a little unsure we walked up to our room. Carpet was torn up in the hallways, getting ready to be replaced. Elevator was noisy, but functional. Opened up the room to our surprise, brand new laminate flooring, with new modern/urban fixtures. Very nice room and a good price for the location. This hotel is not where it wants to be but, when they finish it will be a hotspot!

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Jonan Apryl R
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The pictures looked good online. But when we got there we were shocked! It didn't look like a hotel. It looked like a run down warehouse. The parking lot had craters everwhere. The doors to the hotel is always open so anyone can walk in. The carpet in the building is all worn and it stunk. The vent fan in the bathroom didn't work. The place was creepy at night.
Overall, it was filthy and creepy!!

Room Tip: Don't go there!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I was here at Ithaca for a course in Cornell. We stayed there for two nights so that we could visit Niagara Falls. The hotel looks tacky from outside but the rooms are decent inside. The beds are clean and maintained. It's a little far from the main area where there is some activity. It is close to the Ithaca mall.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Havovi B
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Filthy, tired, rundown and yes a bit scary. I would support someone buying a distressed property and trying to bring it up to speed but this management is not trying. Get a vacuum cleaner!
I should have slept in my car.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank vermontguy291
Reviewed 29 June 2014

1. Room was fine, clean, most everything worked, good sleep for me, but wife complained about noisy guests in the hallway until early morning.
2. No landscaping around the hotel, no plants, nothing green, only asphalt, in very bad condition.
3. Entry doors, those away from front desk, unlocked and apparently unprotected.
4. Fire door padlocked from the inside.
5. Carpets in the entryways pulled up and never replaced, only carpet glue remains.
6. Carpet on stairways, when it exists, is terribly dirty.
7. Would not recommend for anything other than a night of sleep.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family