Coddington Guest House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hampton Inn Ithaca(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$168
US$153
Country Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$172
US$148
US$134
Fairfield Inn & Suites Ithaca(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
US$151
Hotels.com
US$231
US$191
US$300
US$294
  • Restaurant
Courtyard Ithaca Airport/University(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$200
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My teenage daughter and I stayed here while doing a college tour of Cornell University. We felt so lucky to find the delightful hostess, Denice, and her historic home, full of character and charm. Our room was perfect for our needs (soothing, relaxing, and cheery), and the breakfasts were delicious and ample, having that special hands-on touch from someone who obviously cared about her guests having a good experience. The location was just far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the town to feel peaceful, yet, getting to town was easy. We walked and used Ithaca's reliable, efficient, and convenient public transportation for all of our excursions. Coming "home" (yes, it felt like this!) to our comfortable room and inviting home environment, was a treat. Denice was approachable, kind, and knowledgeable. We felt spoiled all the way around!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Katina2013
Reviewed 27 October 2012

I stayed here last week and was disappointed in several aspects. In past reviews I read of the fabulous breakfast, which while I was there consisted of one scone (had to wait for her to bake it - after 8 AM) and one slice of melon offered. I had booked the room for two nights, but called in the morning of the first night's arrival to cancel the second night. As it turned out, I had a bad back act up and needed to go home for immediate treatment after the first night. The hostess called and offered to "comp" me one night in a future visit, but I felt that I shouldn't have been charged it in the first place, since I called in enough time. I do appreciate the cleanliness of the house, but the fees charged are not worth what you get here.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank DonnaMariaT
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Great Spot, in great city! Clean room with exterior access and private bath, all spotless! While the room was a little dated, the host and breakfast more than made up for it! Breakfast meals were excellent and room was very quiet, never heard host or other guests! Would definately stay again!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Steven V
Reviewed 3 November 2010

My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It exceeded our expectations, not only with respect to the wonderful and plentiful breakfasts served daily in a beautiful glass enclosed porch with an almost circular view of the area, but to the kindness and courtesy extended to us by our hostess and fellow guests. Our breakfast conversations were filled with facts about Cornell and the surrounding area, which most interested us because of my daughter's early admission application to Cornell.

The bedroom suite we rented was beautiful, comfortable and spacious. We had the extra advantage of being next to the music room, which added to our sense of spaciousness and "being at home" atmosphere.

We plan to come again, this time with the boys!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank TessInHouston
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Coddington Guest House is certainly not the most luxurious of B&Bs. The house is old and in need of remodeling (exterior, flooring, bathtub etc). I stayed in the Capolango Suite, which does command an outstanding view of the lake (minus the ugly apartments directly across), but the bathroom was lacking an electrical outlet and drapes were minimal, letting in a lot of light. Owner Denice is very knowledgeable about the area, especially wineries. Breakfast is plentiful. Wi-Fi is weak. There are exercise machines, if you choose to use them. Given that Ithaca is a very expensive area, however, at $125 you might be hard pressed to find a better place for the price.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple