“GREAT BED & BREAKFAST IN ITHACA”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ithaca
Bostwick House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 17 Ithaca B&B and Inns
Wesley Chapel, Florida, United States
“GREAT BED & BREAKFAST IN ITHACA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Great experience in a meticulously remodeled old house originally built in the 1840s. This may be an old house but everything has been carefully replaced with new but still dated materials to maintain that old house quality. We stayed in the Library which was spacious and great for a relaxing read. The insulation was great keeping it quiet even when the house is full. The breakfast was very good with fresh eggs and fresh picked apples from their own yard. The house is well lit at night from the street which is very helpful when driving at night. It is very accessible to Cayuga Lake and Cornell areas about 15 minutes away. The owners are very friendly and gracious with their house.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Olan D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

My husband and I just spent the weekend at Bostwick B&B and had such a great time! The house is beautifully renovated and clean. The food was excellent, the attention to detail was remarkable, and the view from the house gorgeous! We so enjoyed sitting on the front porch with our coffee watching the chickens in the garden. Maryrose and Dave are wonderful people. We felt like we had known them for years. I highly recommend this B&B for a get away vacation.

Room Tip: The downstairs library suite with the private bath is gorgeous! We stayed in one of the upstairs ro...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JeanneGain
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

I can't say enough about how wonderful this place is. My husband and I took my parents to the Finger Lake area for my mother's birthday. After a long and thorough research, I chose Bostwick B&B and was lucky enough to book a room (they are pretty busy, so plan ahead). We had the two upstairs rooms with the shared bathroom, which turned out most convenient and quite lavish. The rooms are spacious, with gorgeous views that transport you to a different time. Every element of the interior is thoughtful and beautifully arranged. The beds are firm, the linens and towels are absolutely luxurious. Maryrose is a most gracious host, it felt like we were visiting with a good friend rather than staying in a hotel. The breakfasts she made for us every morning were delicious and surprising every time, made with local fare. Also, she provided priceless advice on where to go and what to see in the area. Her experience in the wine industry is invaluable, and came very handy when we planned out wine tour. This is the place where you want to bring your friends from far away if you want to impress them with Upstate New York at its best, rich with natural beauty and cultural sophistication.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Wilmington, Delaware, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

We just enjoyed our second visit and already we are planning our third. The views from this property are breath taking. The rooms are nicely decorated and clean. You pretty much feel right at home. This time we stayed in the Library Suite and it was lovely, very clean and comfortable. Maryrose is quite the chef! She is also very knowledgeable in directing you to the wineries in the area and also great dining suggestions.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely. I suggest you look at the website for the pictures that are posted.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Amherst, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

I give this bed-and-breakfast my 5C rating cozy, clean, conveniently located, cost is just right and yummy cuisine. Seriously. If you are looking for the best place to stay while in or near Ithaca, NY, this is it !!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank MCogbill
Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2012

I am a Cornell alumnus and have been visiting Ithaca almost every year since graduation in 1989. I have stayed in some very nice B&B's in the area but this place takes the cake! I will stay at The Bostwick House any time I return. The hosts are friendly and knowledgeable. The place is absolutely charming with a flair for detail and decorative touch. I felt very comfortable in the beautifully restored farmhouse and everything was impeccably clean with and has an artistic fun flavor! Check it out! Cool place…amazing breakfasts..... great hosts!

Room Tip: Check out the Library Suite!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
York, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

This was only the second time I've ever stayed at a Bed and Breakfast and after the first experience, I was leery. However, my stay at the Bostwick House was fabulous! My husband and I traveled with another couple and we had the rooms upstairs that share a bathroom. Because we shared with friends, this was fine, but WHEN we go back again, if we're alone, we would ask for the Library suite. Breakfast was fabulous, the rooms were clean, the decor was beautiful, personable, and inviting. Much of the decor was hand crafted as Maryrose and Dave are both very artistic...this added a very personal touch. You feel at home here! The innkeepers are very friendly, knowledgeable, warm, and hospitable. They go above and beyond to make your stay as perfect as possible! We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms share bathrooms and is a lovely choice when traveling with another couple since you h...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends