“Wonderful Intro to the Finger Lakes”

Experience! The Finger Lakes Tours
Ranked #1 of 9 Food & Drink in Ithaca
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Specializing in high-quality, personalized, and guided tours in the Finger Lakes. Our experiences include wine tours, gorge and waterfall tours, boat cruising, and heritage tours of the area.Our goal is to have you experience the region as the locals do, appreciating its regional bounty, natural beauty, cultural opportunities and historical significance.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift
New York City, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Wonderful Intro to the Finger Lakes”
Reviewed 6 June 2011

I recently spent a long weekend in the Finger Lakes and was lucky enough to take two tours: Vinifera Varieties on Seneca Lake and the Culinary Wine Tour on Cayuga. As a first-time visitor, I can't imagine a better introduction to the region and its delicious wine and food. Laura made the whole process - from booking through the amenities provided throughout the day - stress-free and enjoyable. I can't wait to go back and try another tour!

Visited May 2011
2 Thank ao23

Utica, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome introduction to the Finger Lakes”
Reviewed 5 June 2011

This was my first time going on a wine tour - and I'm a convert! Having been almost dragged by my cousin for his birthday, I ended up not wanting the day to end. This was so much more than a wine tour! We went to wineries - where I learned so much from Laura. But then with the stops at waterfalls, local shopping and the helpful snacks made it a perfect day. I've become a champion of Finger Lakes products and have yet to meet a riesling I don't like! Fantastic!!

Visited September 2010
1 Thank MissChainey
Locke, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Laura made our day one we will never forget!”
Reviewed 24 May 2011

Laura was so knowledgable about the area and the wines and has such fantastic relationships with the wineries that it felt like we were SPECIAL VIP's. She went the extra mile to do the little things with snacks and water. We had family and friends from PA come up to visit and they loved stopping to see the falls and learning about our area and wine. I still share with friends and family some of the things we learned on our tour with Laura. We have not been on a tour in some time but I've been itching to go and will definitely book with Experience the Finger Lakes.

Visited June 2010
2 Thank foodpartygirl
Southbury, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“If you're going to do wine, do it with this company.”
Reviewed 7 May 2011

Wow. We spent today with Caren from Experience! and had an AMAZING day. Folks, this is not a wine tour. This is spending an entire day traveling with someone who knows the people who run these vineyards - the people who grow the grapes, make the wine. They spend time with you. You are trying things you're not going to ever be able to try if you came on your own. If I'm going to spend money on a "tour" it better be good. This just blew me out of the water. Absolutely GREAT day, amazing vineyards, food and wine pairings including local cheeses and custom made chocolates - wonderful conversation about everything local. I just can't say enough about how positive an experience today was. I unreservedly recommend Experience! The Finger Lakes. I'm certain each of the guides are great, but if you can manage to spend the day with Caren, you're going to feel like you've spent the day with a great friend. A++ Thank you!!!

Visited May 2011
1 Thank GregConnecticut
Allentown, NJ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Experience the Finger Lakes: Awesome wine tour”
Reviewed 21 August 2010

We recently spent a long weekend in the finger lakes region and the absolute highlight was the wine tour we took with Experience the Finger Lakes! Laura was a knowledgable and entertaining host for our 6 hour tour. The food and wine pairings were fabulous, and the VIP treatment we received at each winery surpassed our expectations. What a great way to discover new wines and local cheeses. It was a delightful afternoon and we felt we got more than our money's worth. Serious value for a very reasonble price - lots of thoughtful detail woven throughout the experience.

We do have one recommendation -- plan ahead. Contact the company in advance to find out what tours are running and when. We misunderstood the info on their website and thought we had our pick of tours. No matter - we had a customized experience which must have involved a staggering amount of planning but it was totally transparent to us. We can't wait to go back.

2 Thank Camp22