“"Great experience"”

Experience! The Finger Lakes Tours
Ranked #1 of 9 Food & Drink in Ithaca
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Specializing in high-quality, personalized, and guided tours in the Finger Lakes. Our experiences include wine tours, gorge and waterfall tours, boat cruising, and heritage tours of the area.Our goal is to have you experience the region as the locals do, appreciating its regional bounty, natural beauty, cultural opportunities and historical significance.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Our half day "Spirits, Wine and Beer" tour was fantastic! We were new to the area and our tour guide Chris did a great job teaching us about the area and all it has to offer. The winery was great and the tour at the distillery was really informative. It was an incredible experience and a wonderful way to spend our 25th wedding anniversary. I would definitely recommend using this company to fully experience all the Finger Lakes have to offer. And if you are fortunate enough to have Chris as your tour guide, your day will be even better!!

1  Thank Barbara L

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I would highly recommend this tour. It was both informative and a lot of fun!! Laura was very knowledgeable about the area and the food and wine industry. She was able to provide interesting details at every stop. Detective Dan made the murder investigation very engaging and we were able to test out our theories as we collected our evidence. The stops for food, wine Ports and lodging were excellent. They really showed off what Ithaca had to offer!! Anyone taking this tour will have a great time and will learn some interesting facts. This was my first tour with Experience! The Finger Lakes Tours. After this experience, I hope to do many more tours and invite others to join me!

4  Thank NYTourist2014
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We were lucky enough to be a part of the Murder Mystery Wine Tour!! It was so wonderful. Laura is so knowledgeable about the area and especially the wine and food industry surrounding our city! I learned so much and had a blast in the process! The details on the origins of the wine makers and their inspiration highlighted by the tour makes me want to live here forever.

I hope to invite other people to do more tours and to see the special care with which so many local establishments are operated.

you will learn so much and have a great time doing so!!

3  Thank Lucy M
ExperienceFL, Owner at Experience! The Finger Lakes Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Thank you for the awesome review, Lucy! I too had quite a blast on the debut night of this new tour.
Lucy and her friends were "suspects" on the Murder Mystery tour and were so much fun! We are so excited about this new tour that combines fabulous wine stops and dinner, all tied up in a juicy mystery that guests need to solve. We have partnered with a new entertainment group in town, Crime Solvers, that wrote the mystery for this tour. We look forward to continuing this tour througout the season, as well as develop other "mysterious" events with them. Having a blast doing it!!

Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

We had walking constraints and Elizabeth customized the tour for us! We had a great view of the gorgeous!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I found a list of tours on a Google search and USA Today article popped up. After reviewing a few of the websites, this company seemed like the best bet. I signed up for the tour just 4 days before it. I signed up for the $115 Culinary Wine Tour on Cayuga, which seemed like the best bet also I know nothing about wine pairings so this seemed like a good way to learn. We promptly got picked up at the holiday inn in downtown ithaca. There were people from as far away as Ohio.

We loaded up into the van once we all signed the waiver. I was pleasantly surprised to find snacks and filled up water bottles which we got to keep. Our tour guide for the day, Chris, was really awesome and knowledgeable about the areas and each of the wineieries we went to.

We went to three wineieries during the day: Sheldrake winery for the first course, Cayuga Ridge Estate for lunch, and Americana Wines for our dessert. I probably tried close to 20 wines over the course of the day. Everything was delicious. I ended up buy 6 bottles over the course of the day and my boyfriend bought 7 bottles. Chris was awesome and carried and stored our bottles for us for each location. Chris was really awesome and took us to see Takawanda Falls in Ithaca on our way back.

We even got a framed picture which was taken at our first wine stop. Learned so much about wine that I haven't been able to get just from going to wine festivals which are always packed with people. I loved the wine tour at the 2nd location where they showed us how they make the wines. Price seems steep to most but definitely worth the money and its the best way to travel around the Finger Lakes.

2  Thank Jane R
ExperienceFL, Owner at Experience! The Finger Lakes Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Thank you Jane, for taking the time to write this detailed review! You really captured the essence of our tour and how we try to deliver an experience that is above and beyond anything else available in the area. We really appreciate it, and look forward to your return!

One note to readers: The falls we visit at the end of this tour is Taughannock Falls, our fabulous 215 ft waterfall, just outside of Ithaca. A must see!!