“A December 2013 dinner!”

Ciao Wood-Fired Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #12 of 270 Restaurants in Ithaca
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Ciao! Ciao! is a casual fine dining, Italian restaurant that invites all ages. We specialize in Italian food with an authentic Tuscan flare. We also offer artisan pizzas that are hand-crafted and cooked to order in our wood-fired oven, which is visible throughout that restaurant. The pizzas and pastas are specially crafted, and everything we serve is made from the highest quality ingredients and is all made in-house. The ambiance and décor has a distinct personality that sets a mood for high-energy fun and entertainment.
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We have eaten there several times and each time we have been there we have had a good meal. Our only negative remark would be that they could serve larger portions. Too get there you have too have a motor vehicle since it is located a few miles out of the city. It is owned by the same individual who also owns the Boatyard restaurant located on the inlet in Ithaca. If you enjoy Italian food then this is the place to eat in Ithaca, New York. The prices are reasonable and all the servers are pleasant. One of the restaurants in the Ithaca area that individuals should visit. If you do you will enjoy a pleasant meal and great atmosphere!

Reviewed 10 January 2014

You just cannot go wrong with this terrific restaurant, fabulous food and wait staff ( Mallory is amazing! ) and the manager, billy is also so customer oriented.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Like one other reviewer stated, I wish they delivered. However, they do have take out. The food is indeed awesome. They have the best pizza and Italian food in this area by far. We first found this place about a month ago and already have been there 3 times!

A TripAdvisor Member
Ithaca, NY
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Full disclosure: I am addicted to their pizza, particularly the Sayeed. This means that I never manage to order anything else on their menu, no matter how delicious other entrees may sound.

I've never been disappointed by the pizza--it's chewy-crispy-charry deliciousness.

I'm not a huge fan of the atmosphere, especially if it's crowded or noisy. If only they would deliver!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We've eaten here twice now and it was excellent both times. There always seems to be a wait but it's not long. The sauces on all the dishes are really tasty. My daughter likes the pasta and I think Sunday is pasta night here. I've had the chicken picata and it is excellent. I think my wife had some other kind of chicken that was also excellent. I wish the house wine was a little less expensive as I like to sip wine with my food if I can find something that complements what I'm eating.