“A must do!”

Dayton, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A must do!”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We've made the Ithaca Farmer's Market a traditional stop while visiting Ithaca. We love it! Freshly prepared ethnic foods, beautiful fresh and dired flowers, locally made honeys and real maple syrups. Regional wine and cheeses. The list goes on. Oh! And the produce!

2 Thank LucyDayton_Ohio

• Korean first
Maplewood, Nj
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“The best Farmers' Market on the East Coast”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We have been to the Ithaca Farmers' market many times over the four years our daughter has been at school in Ithaca, and we leave the market with smiles on our faces every time. It's such a happy and beautiful experience, especially in the summer. The produce, cheese, and meats from the local farmers are fresh and consistently good, and the vendors providing cooked food for breakfast and lunch offer a wide array of choices. We will be going back even now that our daughter is graduating

1 Thank Oneill009
Framingham, Massachusetts
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Decent...but a bit over-rated”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

If $3 organic free-range croissants are your thing, you’ll love it. Nice selections from several local wineries, however, might be worth the big-time parking hassle.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A feast for the body as well as the spirit.”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I look forward to my drive every summer weekend to get there, a peaceful 45 minutes. On the way there I try to compile a list of the wonderful fresh fruits and vegetables I will buy and all of the delicious meals and desserts I will make and then when I get there I always purchase more than anticipated, there is so much to choose from and the quality cannot be beat. The artisan's wares are amazing, there is such an abundance of talent! I display several photos and other pieces of artwork, that I just fell in love with, at my home. The various types of jewelry, only one word comes to mind-STUNNING! The foods offered and the location are wonderful. I tell everyone that I come in contact with that they have to visit just once to become enamored with I, just as I had done so many years ago. This will be my first year that I venture to the winter market and I am very much looking forward to it! Thank you, Maria from johnson City, NY

3 Thank sassichic
Toronto, Canada
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“There are three locations - The one at Steamboat Landing was great!”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

The Ithaca Farmer's Market is a great, authentic market. By authentic I mean there are actual farmers, crafts-people, and small-scale chefs at the market. As opposed to some markets that are more like a miniature commercial shopping mall.

There are three locations for the market. They all have different hours during the week. More details can be found at http://www.ithacamarket.com/

My family went to the Steamboat Landing location on the North West edge of town. It's a covered wooden pavilion that has an old style feel and the roof helps keep the elements at bay. The types of vendors are varied and include vegetable/fruit farmers, painters and crafts people, bee keepers, and a wide variety of prepared food sellers. Some highlights of the food vendors include: the folks with the portable wood burning oven (they tow it behind their truck) that makes amazing pizza and flatbreads; the homemade ice cream; and the international foods from places like Cambodia, Cuba, Vietnam, etc.

There's also a cozy little picnic area at the back of the market along the river/lake.

All-in-all, its a great place to stop and do a little shopping and then grab a bite to eat.

Visited August 2011