“True hospitality”

Mia Tapas Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 261 Restaurants in Ithaca
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Mia restaurant features fine cuisine from many Asian countries in a unique and beautiful atmosphere. At Mia we offer an eclectic menu and when available we pride ourselves in using local produce, sustainably harvested seafood, and hormone & antibiotic free meats for our Slow Food Pan-Asian cuisine.
“True hospitality”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Exquisitely delicious and inventive food! The smoked salmon samosas were wonderful in that Thai red curry sauce that I still dream about! Staff was so friendly and accommodating even though we were there so late and lost all track of time!

Visited May 2014

New York City, New York
“Nice ambiance, some really good dishes”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Same guy who opened Just a Taste (among many other Ithaca restaurants). An Asia fusion restaurant that has an ambitious menu. Great ambiance (I can definitely see it as a great date night option). The dahl dish was phenomenal. Skip the green papaya salad. So much on the menu to keep it interesting. Definitely worth a repeat.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank StuckOnTravels
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
“Lots of choices with tapas”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

A great thing about tapas is that you can try lots of different things at one sitting. We shared six dishes and they were all very good. The drinks were very good. I enjoyed a flight of 3 different sakes, all tasty.
A scallop dish in a wonton wrap was my favorite.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Fauxqui
Valencia, Pennsylvania
“disappointed”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I've been to Ithaca six times in eight mos. First trip I ate at Mia two nites in a row - 2nd becoz it was their "tasting dinner". On previous visits I would have given five stars on all accounts. Tonight, I was disappointed (I volunteer to come to Ithaca for work, just to eat dinner). The service was "crap" - primarily because the waiter was inattentive to the point of being rude. I judge waiters to some extent based on how full my wine glass is - if it goes empty, it's a problem; tonight I had to call the waiter back as he wondered off past me. When I responded to the ? how was my dinner, I stated it was dry but generally okay - I received NO response whatsoever. I ordered from the tapas menu, which I have not previouisly done. While the beet salad was very good (particular the candied ginger), the quail tandoori was horribly dry and the pork tenderloin satay dry and over spiced. I've three more dinners in Ithaca - I wont be back to Mia this week and will question going back during the next visit; if I do, I will likely not pick from the tapas menu and, hopefully, a more pleasant/attentive waiter will await me.

• Visited April 2014
Ojai, California, United States
“Good family meal”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

The food is outstanding and the drinks are hand made. Expensive , hmmmmm, maybe , but worth it. The shrimp entree and the tom yum jia soup is off the hook.