“Delicious Comfort Food”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Just love this restaurant. It is cozy and busy and the pho soup is generous, full of flavor and makes you want to return for yet another bowl. You'll want to go through the menu and try everything. The servers are fast, courteous and very efficient and the everything we ordered was simply scrumptious. Don't think that you will find a bad meal here. This is worth a visit. It only takes one visit to get hooked on the Saigon Kitchen.

1  Thank 12Safari

Reviewed 6 June 2014

In town for our anniversary this weekend. We love the Ithaca food scene so where to eat tonight? We chose, based on TA reviews the Saigon Kitchen. Wow what a great choice! We had Vietnamese food before and it did not taste like this. First of all we arrived about 5:30 and to our surprise 1/2 empty. It did fill up shortly thereafter but we timed this just right. The staff are all great. Friendly and helpful. We shared the pan cooked pot sticker app and it was really tasty especially with the different sauces available. Then we shared the twice cooked pork and golden crispy noodle dishes w/ chicken. Too much food but we couldn't stop eating they we both soooo good. 2 of us ate for $25. Quite a bargain in the #1 restaurant in Ithaca. Just gets a little noisy but that's a small price to pay for a delicious meal, excellent service and at a very reasonable cost. We will return when back in Ithaca.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The food is very tasty. They do use MSG, so if you're sensitive you might not want to eat here. They have a good variety of Vietnamese food.

1  Thank David H
Reviewed 31 May 2014

First time eating Vietnamese food so my review may not properly reflect the quality of the food. Nice restaurant with pretty good service. When my glass of water is kept full it is a good day. There were four different sauces/condiments on the table and unfortunately none were labeled and none were described by the waitstaff. I guess if I had had this cuisine before I would know what they were but I just had to taste each and I still don't know what they were.

The crispy squid and the fried potstickers were spectacular for appetizers. I tried one of the beef soups with rice noodles and I have no idea whether this was authentic tasting Vietnamese but the broth was not my favorite. The rare beef in the soup was very tender. Others in my group ordered a seafood dish and a chicken dish and both were very good.

A great place to try in Ithaca.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This was my first visit to this restaurant, thanks to the ratings it has gotten from tripadvisor. This will obviously not be my last visit here. The restaurant has a very understated appearance on the outside as well as inside. The service was great and the food was prepared quickly. I tried a couple of dishes I had never had before as well as a couple of old standbys - like the Crab Rangoon. I will be recommending this restaurant to multiple friends and hope to be back there sooner than later. My mouth is still watering....... I would love to see a luncheon buffet.

1  Thank kwebster2