“Delicious food, friendly atmosphere”
Review of Saigon Kitchen

Saigon Kitchen
Ranked #17 of 269 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This restaurant looks very unprepossessing from the outside, but when you get inside, the joint is jumping! It's crowded atmosphere is a testimony to the excellent food and reasonable prices. It's a small place and we waited about twenty minutes to get seated for lunch. All tables seemed engaged in lively conversation, which on the up side gave it an ambiance of success and fun, and on the downside made it a little challenging to hear my friend in conversation. The tables are fairly close together, though not overly so. I'd definitely go there again with pleasant expectations, though if I were feeling introspective I might shoot for a slightly more off-hour.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Maybe we ordered badly, but I got the tofu and veggies in garlic sauce and the sauce was sooooo sweet. It tasted like sweet and sour to me. I even asked the waitress to confirm my order. My boyfriend had the lemongrass chicken off the specialty menu. Neither of us was amazed by our meal, but like I said, maybe we ordered badly. If you feel like an Asian meal that has fresh, crisp veggies, though, you can rely on this place for that for sure.

It was very busy with a line out the door, so maybe we were just unlucky in our choices.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Just love this restaurant. It is cozy and busy and the pho soup is generous, full of flavor and makes you want to return for yet another bowl. You'll want to go through the menu and try everything. The servers are fast, courteous and very efficient and the everything we ordered was simply scrumptious. Don't think that you will find a bad meal here. This is worth a visit. It only takes one visit to get hooked on the Saigon Kitchen.

1  Thank 12Safari
Reviewed 6 June 2014

In town for our anniversary this weekend. We love the Ithaca food scene so where to eat tonight? We chose, based on TA reviews the Saigon Kitchen. Wow what a great choice! We had Vietnamese food before and it did not taste like this. First of all we arrived about 5:30 and to our surprise 1/2 empty. It did fill up shortly thereafter but we timed this just right. The staff are all great. Friendly and helpful. We shared the pan cooked pot sticker app and it was really tasty especially with the different sauces available. Then we shared the twice cooked pork and golden crispy noodle dishes w/ chicken. Too much food but we couldn't stop eating they we both soooo good. 2 of us ate for $25. Quite a bargain in the #1 restaurant in Ithaca. Just gets a little noisy but that's a small price to pay for a delicious meal, excellent service and at a very reasonable cost. We will return when back in Ithaca.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The food is very tasty. They do use MSG, so if you're sensitive you might not want to eat here. They have a good variety of Vietnamese food.

1  Thank David H