“Asian experiance without the flight!”
Review of Saigon Kitchen

Saigon Kitchen
Ranked #7 of 261 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Asian experiance without the flight!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I had golden crispy noodles with shrimp along with an appetizer of pork potstickers. All of the food was fantastic and tasted better than any Asian food I have ever tasted. I would recommended this restruant to any one willing to try different things.

Visited June 2014

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Ithaca, New York, United States
“Great food!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The owners and wait staff are very attentive. The food is excellent, beautifully prepared and served. Prices are reasonable - we returned several times & have recommended it to many of our friends.

• Visited June 2014
Manila, Philippines
“Good Pho and Fried Rice”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Easy to find and not too hard to get a table, even on a Saturday night! There was a bit of confusion and delay in seating, but after that service was quick and good. Food was great and reasonably priced.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Lee F
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good, Simple Asian”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

A very casual Asian experience...expansive menu...good, not great, food...had Pho (good), caramelized eggplant (too sweet, but good flavor and not spicy enough) and Singapore noodles with chicken (tasty but way too bland and good have used some punch in terms of heat and flavor). Service what you'd expect of this level operation (no tablecloths but tables clean [if you count using the same rag across all tables clean], at least in terms of what you can see; floor could use a bit more upkeep, bathroom clean)...was a good lunch choice...has potential.

• Visited June 2014
Alabama
“Lives up to its reputation as one of the best restaurants in Ithaca”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I went to Saigon on a busy Sunday afternoon with friends, and despite the line at the door, the waiting time wasn't long at all. We probably waited for about 8 minutes or so for a table.

Again, it was rather busy that day so we had to be a little more patient after we had made our order but once the food came it proved to be worth the wait.
If you're not familiar with the cuisine, it's always best to ask the waitress about the dishes or you'll end up getting something you weren't really going for. That was my case.Nevertheless, the food was of good quality.

If you do not usually mix really hot/spicy sauces into your food, I suggest you steer clear from the red sauce they keep at the tables. Regular hot sauce and Tabasco tastes like milk close to their hot sauce which I'm convinced came from the bowels of fire dragons nesting in the magma of a volcano. If you like to live on the wild side, however, and have no consideration for the future of your tastebuds or your health, I suggest you order several smoothies beforehand.

All in all it's definitely a place I'd visit again. The prices are quite good by upstate N.Y. standards. I had a rather hearty meal and didn't pay more than $25, tip included. Taking into consideration that I had ordered 3 smoothies to cool the fireball raging wild in my mouth, I think it was quite a decent price.

The only con I can think of is the waitress that served us. I guess she was tired but she wasn't too engaging. Then again, the restaurant was rather busy that day.