“Always fun”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Finger Lakes Wine Center
More attraction details
Owner description: You can begin your exploration of Finger Lakes wine Country at the Finger Lakes Wine Center, a non-profit organization located opposite the Holiday Inn in Downtown Ithaca. The Wine Center has a tasting room where you can try up to 10 different Finger Lakes wines, rotating each week. You can also purchase wines by the glass or bottle, or items at the gift shop. The center includes exhibits about the Finger Lakes, winemaking, and wines plus tourism information to get you on your way in the areas wine country. The center also has a rotating monthly gallery exhibit featuring local artists.
Reviewed 11 July 2012

It's always fun, expecially in a group, to visit the Finger Lakes Wine Center.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

The facility is gorgeous and the wine is great. Unfortunately the service is horrific! I hosted my wedding rehearsal dinner there and it was a disaster. I stopped by at noon and dropped off centerpieces, a map of how I wanted the room set up, place cards and gifts. When I arrived with guests at 5 pm - everything was exactly how I left it - In a pile!!

I spoke multiple times to the director, who was not there the night of the event and apparently did not relay any of my requests to her staff.

The worst part was that the staff made my requests seem ridiculous. I asked for a table and 10 minutes later they brought out a folding table - I had to ask again for a table cloth - Duh! I had to ask for wine glasses to be put on the table - its a wine center!! I had to ask the staff to clear plates, they let us sit for 10 minutes with dirty dishes in front of us. I told them to make coffee as soon as I sat down to eat, because it was so obvious that none of my requests were being honored. 20 minutes later my fiance asked where it was and they replied "Oh! we didn't brew it yet!"

They couldn't keep track of the wine they served us and handed us a bill at the end of the night that included random charges "food charge - $250" but we used outside caterers - I don't get it!

In short - come in for a glass of wine, but DO NOT HOST A PRIVATE PARTY HERE!

1  Thank Mos L
Reviewed 28 June 2012

The wine center is really cool because it's one of a kind and it showcases wines from many of our finger lakes wineries. Its beautiful inside with cozy seating. They have great handmade gifts and treasures. I can see this place being AWESOME within a few years. The only negative, it will cost you more to taste or drink here. :(

Reviewed 4 April 2012

I visit the Wine Center regularly -- especially if I have out of town guests. Tasting at the Center is a great way to showcase many of the unusual wines of the Fingerlakes.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

great selections of wines. Beautiful location. friendly staff