“Very nice and peaceful stroll on the trails” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 59 things to do in Ithaca
San Jose, California
91 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 176 helpful votes
“Very nice and peaceful stroll on the trails”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

So I'm not a "bird" person. My wife has more than a passing interest so we took 90 minutes and made a visit to this beautiful site. I enjoyed the peaceful walk through the area and spotted some birds I've not seen before (I'm from California). While I didn't have the bird guides, binoculars, and elaborate photo equipment the serious "birders" brought - I still enjoyed the time. Staff was very friendly and helpful. You can borrow binoculars if you'd like. The staff person was also helpful as she was tracking the storm cells nearby and made it clear we could take our walk without worrying about rain. Worth a visit.

Visited May 2014

lake district
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Lovely little bolthole.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Only a few minutes drive to a beautiful relaxing sanctuary to get away from the hustle and bustle. Pleasant trails meander round the tarn with another smaller wooded area across the road. Lots of woodpeckers seen!

Visited April 2014
Massachusetts
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Nice nature stroll”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

The building itself is very cool looking and relaxing inside if you want to just sit for a bit before/after walking around the trails. The trails are calm and serene to take it the natural beauty. We didn't we a lot of birds but then again we weren't looking very hard nor do we know much about birds!

Visited August 2013
Toronto, Ontario
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“an easy outing for the whole family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is area has great trails that work their way around the Sapsucker Woods Pond and beyond. It is an easy walk but was a bit wet in some areas while we were there. There are some great vantage points to take pictures or use your binoculars around the pond. I was lucky enough to be visiting the pond when "dad" visited the Great Blue Heron nest and then did a flyby of where I was watching from.
Definitely worth a visit if you like an easy stroll and lots of birds to watch.

Visited April 2014
Ithaca, New York
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great place for kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Adults and children will find the lab to ne educational and fun with a great shop for all things bird related. If you can go when they have a guided tour it is especially interestiing. Make time to take the hike around the lake. You can't get lost and it is quick and pretty safe for all ages.

Visited July 2013