“Wonderful place”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Wonderful place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I visited Cornell Lab of Ornithology with the school I work for and had a fabuolous time. The staff was welcoming and very informative on our tour. Very patient with our students and answered all questions with language that the kids could understand. I can't wait to go back with my family and see all the wildlife again.

Visited June 2014

Cambridge, Massachusetts
236 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 543 helpful votes
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Free parking available you can go to the top of the building and look out through telescope at local birds. There is also a display in which you can choose different bird songs to play. This is not just for the ornithologist!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank jroihl
Ithaca, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Everything Birds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Lab of "O" is a special place to visit for a stroll through the walking paths , to learn about birds, to purchase books, clothing , binoculars and much more.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank 667Nancy
Montour Falls, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“For bird lovers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The ornithological lab is great for anyone of any age who loves birds, or wants to love birds. The visitor center has great information on current sightings, and usually a helpful person to answer questions. There is a viewing deck if you want to relax and watch the birds around the pond. There are several hiking trails through a variety of habitat, attracting different birds. A great place. There are often guided bird walks on the weekends.

Visited September 2013
San Jose, California
91 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 175 helpful votes
“Very nice and peaceful stroll on the trails”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

So I'm not a "bird" person. My wife has more than a passing interest so we took 90 minutes and made a visit to this beautiful site. I enjoyed the peaceful walk through the area and spotted some birds I've not seen before (I'm from California). While I didn't have the bird guides, binoculars, and elaborate photo equipment the serious "birders" brought - I still enjoyed the time. Staff was very friendly and helpful. You can borrow binoculars if you'd like. The staff person was also helpful as she was tracking the storm cells nearby and made it clear we could take our walk without worrying about rain. Worth a visit.

Visited May 2014