“Our home away from home!”
Review of Hampton Inn Ithaca

Hampton Inn Ithaca
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
Massachusetts
“Our home away from home!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This feels like home whenever we go to Ithaca and we are coming up to our 5th year not including college visits and auditions. We have stayed at 3 other hotels in the Ithaca area and this is the best in terms of price at the time and the conditions.

The rooms are always clean and comfortable. The ladies in the breakfast area are superb and the breakfast is very good for this level of hotel. In fact this hotel made me realize what I can expect from Hampton Inns and we opted to stay in Hampton Inn in Owego during Cornell graduation when all the hotels in the area and cortland area were all booked or super overpriced! One year when we stayed for 4 days as mini vacation when both kids were in Ithaca, (Cornell and IC) and the front desk staff was very helpful in info what gorges we wanted to see. We've been there so often I even recognize some of the chamber staff and they are also very friendly and nice.

For a comparison of similar priced hotels in the area:
Holiday Inn exec Tower Downtown- room was fine but no breakfast, not even coffee so it was a pain to go get some at a local shop nearby and go back to the room at finish waking/getting ready to go out! Also the biggest problem is their parking lot which is limited and if you don't get a space then too bad! We have to park on the streets our last night luckily we found a spot right outside the hotel.

Country Inn and Suites by Carlson - right across from IC (Ithaca College), our room had a little sitting area which was nice. Staff was nice they are close second to Hampton for us only because their breakfast did not taste as good and the Hampton Inn in General is slightly better condition.

Super 8 - booked this based on the rave reviews and maybe they had a bad weekend but the room was not cleaned well, we saw cup rings on the dresser. Waited for a long time to get shampoo since we didn't have any and the beds were not made. I felt so awful that I really wanted to leave for a other hotel had there been any! I see that recent comments have been good so maybe they got their act together but if will never take that chance again!

In a week we will be trying the Best Western University Inn only because Hampton costs a bit more and we are just looking to stay the night as to not get too tired to do a one day trip when picking up our son. Will report back!

Room Tip: Anyone needing a room for special events have to book early! I think I stayed somewhere else one tim...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BeamMeThere

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Hebrew first
Rochester NY, United States
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Outstanding service, very personable staff. The staff as very friendly and helpful. My experience here was exceptional and I have stayed at many Hampton Inns during my work life. This location makes the top three for sure. I would hardily endorse this location for anyone visiting the Ithaca area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Albany, United States
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Great experience! Get there early before they run out of cookies! lol Unfortunately, I arrived late and all the cookies were gone. I'm sure they save some for later arriving guest and don't put them all out at once.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Ithaca, NY, United States
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Another consistent stay at a Hampton. During this trip, we also stayed at a Hilton, but preferred the Hampton for its convenience and cleanliness and value: Free breakfast and internet. Only down-side was poor video quality of the movie rental. It was SD or below on an HD TV, so the titles and subtitles were difficult to read.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Amy M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ithaca, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Ithaca, We are very happy you chose to stay with us.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at a lot of Hampton Inns and this one was as expected. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, and there were a number of options for breakfast. I was surprised about the amount of stores and restaurants nearby (including personal favorites Wegman's and Firehouse Subs). I was a little disappointed that we didn't have much of a view (our window faced an auto shop) but we didn't spend much time in our room. Overall, good value, friendly staff, and close to many places.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank purplegal12
Pocomoke City, United States
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My stay at Hampton Inn in Ithaca was absolutely amazing. The staff was extremely accommodating and the room was in excellent condition. The lobby area was perfect to watch television or just to relax. In addition, the breakfast was amazing and had an appropriate amount of selections.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Amy M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ithaca, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Ithaca and taking the time to write a review.
Central Florida, Florida
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Dennis D. @ Hampton Inn Ithaca provided OUTSTANDING customer service on not one but TWO occasions for me this weekend. Understanding of my unique predicament, including a location shoot for my son's senior thesis that fell through at the last minute, he went above and beyond to meet my needs and those of my Ithaca College son. Dennis's knowledge of the greater Ithaca area provided me with a perfect stay and my son with a perfect location shoot. Hampton Inn Ithaca will always be my first and only choice for hotel accommodations in Ithaca!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Amy M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ithaca, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to recognize Dennis from your stay over the weekend. I have a great staff and am lucky to have them working with me. We looking forward to seeing you in the future!