“Wonderful view! Friendly service, good food.”
Review of Booker's Backyard - CLOSED

Booker's Backyard
Price range: US$10 - US$22
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood, Bar
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Opened in 2012 Booker's Backyard continues to be recognized as one of Ithaca's Best Restaurants. Located just outside of town Booker's offers amazing outdoor dining paired with a beautiful upscale casual interior. Booker's features a unique blend of seafood and barbecue inspired items that they've deemed East Coast Comfort Food.
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We ate here while in town visiting family. We were happy to get a table close to the back windows to enjoy the autumn view, which is so beautiful! Our party, including 2 kids under 10, was tended to by friendly staff. They'd noted that there were several new things on the menu since the last time they'd visited. I ordered the Slow Smoked Pulled Pork Sammy with fries. The fries were good. The pork was tender, shredded some, but not a fine shred. The BBQ sauce was good. Not too sweet. I agree with other reviewers that there should have been a little more of it on the sandwich. The bun was an average bun, which they should have floated, because the bottom side was soggy when my sandwich arrived. My husband enjoyed his burger, fries, and my slaw. I tried some of the mac and cheese. If you prefer a mac and cheese that is more textured (more grainly than smooth), then this one may be for you.
Overall, everyone was happy with their meals and it was a pleasant experience.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stopped in on a Wednesday night to hear some friends playing music on the patio this summer. Had a great meal of pulled pork sandwiches and fries. Loved the patio dinning while listening to music and the sun setting over our shoulders. Server was great and informative.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Had heard about Bookers for a while, mostly positive comments. Thought we'd give it a try, so went for lunch on a Sat. Unseasonably warm so ate outside on a surprisingly nice patio next to pond with lovely views across the lake. Well worth a trip just for the experience of eating outside! Waitstaff very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. We tried the lobster roll, the side of mac and cheese, and the caesar salad, plus a great beer (smuttynose). Lobster roll was excellent, I grew up in New England so am familiar with lobster rolls, very enjoyable. Mac and cheese also delicious, they do not oversell the cheese blend they use, it's very good. Caesar salad was good, not fantastic, but really all in all we are so happy we stopped, and look forward to a trip back to try some of the other dishes. Other restaurants have been in this location, would love to see this one just get more and more popular and be around for years to come.

Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

The place is nice, quiet atmosphere. The fries with pork appetiser was good. And the mint tea was very good along with the biscuits. I have never had a very sweet and chili hot sauce before and thought it was too sweet and the heat after a couple of bites made me want to drink a gallon of water. So if your not use to eating hot things with spice you may want to be aware of this. The service was good and all around good place to have home cooking.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Brought many friends to Bookers with the Hangar Theater coupons...Finally broke down to try the lobster mac after hearing all about it, and seeing my friends' with big lobster chunks...mine ended up having only 2 small lobster pieces in the portion I ate in-house, so expected to find more in my home portion - but NONE. I'll stick with some other food or restaurant now I guess.