“Fun place for a Sunday afternoon”
Review of Ithaca Beer Co.

Ithaca Beer Co.
Ranked #12 of 61 things to do in Ithaca
New York City, New York
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Fun place for a Sunday afternoon”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

On a recent trip to Corning, my husband and I stopped here while we were driving through Ithaca. We generally stop at the wineries along the finger lakes so we thought this place would be a fun change of pace. I'm not much of a beer drinker so I appreciated that they served half pint sizes because there were beers I was interested in tasting but didn't want to have a whole pint. We did the beer tour and our guide was incredibly knowledgable and the tour was very interesting. The business is committed to sourcing locally and their sustainability plan includes recycling unusable by-products of brewing as food and fertilizer for local farmers. They also serve food, which we did not have but there were burgers and sandwiches on the menu. There is a wonderful outdoor patio and firepit- it was a great way to spend a relaxing Sunday afternoon on one of the first sunny days we've had this year in Upstate NY. I look forward to visiting again.

Visited April 2014

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Syracuse, New York
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Spend a summer day or evening here”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

You'll want to spend a summer day getting lunch or one of those wonderful summer evenings here grabbing dinner (and a drink!). Sit outside, the picnic tables are wonderful, with the trellis over top and the hops growing on it. There's a veggie patch to look at, a big open field, more hops growing and you can play bocce ball on a court. It's really a wonderful place. The inside is nice as well, it's just the outside is lovely.

You can do the brewery tour as well - short, as the brewery is small, but you can do a tasting at the end. It's free if I remember correctly. If you've been on brewery tours before, I say skip it - they're all the same, especially smaller ones. But if you've never been on one before, definitely go.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Eileen2five
Scarsdale, New York
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Excellent Beer and Food!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We enjoyed the variety of beers (nice variety of tasting samplers) and had a good meal at Ithaca. If you are a french fry freak like me, you have to try them at Ithaca. Awesome! Service was efficient and friendly.

Visited February 2014
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Quick and tasty meal”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We heard a lot about this place from a couple of the wineries we visited during our stay. We weren't really sure what to expect at first but it was a modern place with a limited but delicious menu. We were expecting more food options, as many breweries we have been to with a restaurant have very large menu's. Although the menu was quite small we weren't disappointed. We ordered a nice appetizer and two meals. It was definitely enough and had us both full when we left. My boyfriend did two different beer options where they serve 4 or 5 mini beers. He didn't like them all but was glad he tried them. I ordered a beer I wasn't a fan of, but beer really isn't my thing so I am not the best judge. My boyfriend did enjoy the beer for the most part, and they did have all different types. We would definitely come back here.

The only complaint that we have was the service. Our server was very attentive at first, however it seemed as though she forgot about us for quite a bit of time. We both sat there with empty drinks waiting for our food for a good 20 minutes with no attention. Not sure if she was maybe having a bad night, but it was irritating nonetheless.

Visited February 2014
Quinby, Virginia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brewery for the whole family!”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We stopped here on a family vacation those of us old enough did the tasting and we all enjoyed it. The ones who weren't old enough enjoyed the root and ginger beer. Haven't found any Rootbeer as good since, we're ruined LOL

Visited September 2013