“Hidden Gem”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ithaca
Private Hotel + Pure Food Villa
Ranked #2 of 18 Ithaca B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel for a 2 night stay, while my son attended a Cornell admitted students event. Michael was a gracious host and the my room was clean, comfortable and the bed and bedding extremely comfortable! I got a very last minute reservation, so I got the Oak Room, which was just by the kitchen, but Michael made me aware of this prior to my booking. I am an early riser, so the 7 am busting in the kitchen didn't really bother me - they made a concerted effort to keep their noise to a minimum, which I very much appreciated! Breakfast was wonderful and the people staying at the hotel were interesting and fun to talk to! Michael was so helpful in getting us a reservation at a downtown Ithaca hotel on a busy Friday night as well - thank you Michael! Would definitely recommend staying here whenever you are in Ithaca, NY!

Room Tip: Oak Room is right by the kitchen, please be aware of this....

Reviewed 22 April 2014

My daughter and I visited Ithaca and chose to stay at Private Hotel + Pure Food. We could not have been happier with our decision. Michael was a gracious host. We loved the Zebra room. The bed was heavenly as was our breakfast the next morning. Can't wait to return so we can explore the area which we will be doing soon since my daughter has decided to attend Ithaca College.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

had the pleasure to spend an evening at pure food + private hotel with my fiance. beautiful location, perfect mix of luxury and quirkiness with top-notch cabin lodging, above-and-beyond service (champage, flowers in the room), hot tub under the stars, and a gourmet meal in the morning. michael went the extra mile, taking our food requests, and allowing us to hike around the 100+ acres grounds through the next afternoon with plenty to see and do around the property. A+, will surely be returning and recommending to many other Ithaca College alum.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My wife and I had the opportunity to stay at Michael Casper’s Private Hotel + Pure Food, Ithaca on Saturday, April 12, 2014.

We needed last minute reservations for a weekend visit with our son, who attends Cornell University. Michael was very accommodating. We visited the website before our stay, but were not really prepared for what a lovely place this is. The hotel itself was clearly built with great attention to every detail and the use of natural wood throughout is a perfect fit for the wooded hills, pond and trails surrounding it. It feels very charming and welcoming immediately upon entry.

We stayed in the Pond View room, which was delightful. The room, true to its name, looks over a lovely pond and gives a spectacular view from the top of the hill. The bed and bedding were beautiful and very comfortable and the amenities were plentiful.

We were in Ithaca on an extremely busy weekend and we were disappointed to discover we were unable to get a reservation with any of the fine dining restaurants at which we had hoped to have dinner. Michael saved the day and was able to get us into one of the area’s finest new restaurants, which we had been eager to try.

While we enjoyed every aspect of our stay, including the opportunity to take a walk on one of the many trails, we especially enjoyed the breakfast on Sunday morning. Michael went out of his way to make sure we were given the choice of pretty much anything we wanted. The fresh fruit was perfect and the omelets were extraordinary.

We have stayed at a number of bed and breakfasts, especially in the Finger Lakes region, and we give Private Hotel + Pure Food our highest marks in all areas. We will definitely be back for another stay in the near future.

Pat Barrett

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phibeta
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Here's a one-of-a-kind getaway that's far more than a bed-and-breakfast. Plan on staying beyond the morning meal, or arrive early, so you can explore the place.The owner's a chef so breakfast is both excellent and bountiful. The place, and the owner, are both quirky -- but in a good way -- and if you don't get into a conversation you'll miss half the fun. Definitely not your cookie-cutter chain hotel. Good place for couples or family.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

This really is one of the most unique hotel experiences. I came up with my boyfriend and a few friends and we all stayed in the barn house. My boyfriend and I stayed in the blue room which was amazing! The ceilings are high, the room was spacious, the bathroom was to die for, and the grounds were breathtaking! Michael and Siobhan really took care of us with such attention to detail, even cooking for us- yet at the same time gave us all the space we needed. It was fascinating to walk around and see the temple, see deer in the Forrest, and be able to walk down the hill to the beautiful lake. I highly recommend staying here if you like space, comfort (the bed was wonderful as well) and nature.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Fionasilver
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Our bridal party was excited beyond words when we found this establishment online! I called immediately for the bride to inquire about renting the entire property for our party to stay during the weekend of the brides wedding. The conversation with Mike Casper was awesome! He lowered the price for us, even made a payment plan with a very manageable down payment! It was awesome. He requested in writing all our information, such as amount of people, arrival, departure... etc... I told him the amount of people and let him know a few children would also be with us. His response was "great, we will talk later"

Later was 5 days. I received a very different phone call at this point. He was pretty vocal about NO CHILDREN. Said his location was NOT SAFE for children. I explained that our "kids" were actually 9 years to 14 years old. We talked through the situation and he said it was fine as long as they were supervised. I said this was not a problem at all.

2 days later I received another blunt and uncomfortable phone call. He said he decided NO KIDS were to stay at his location. He also demanded that we pay in full, IMMEDIATELY. After he put in writing that we had 2 months to pay it in full. I have never been spoken to or treated as unprofessional as I was that night.

We have everything in writing from Mike Casper stating when our payments were to be made and many other things that he completely went back on. The experience was terrible and the bride was crushed. I would not recommend working with this man ever. The difference in his demeanor from our first phone to our last was night and day. Makes a person seriously wonder.....

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
9  Thank HMOY
Michael C, Owner at Private Hotel + Pure Food Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Private Hotel + Pure Food, Ithaca regrets that this potential guest and her party were unsatisfied with our reservation and event process and policies. Our initial contact was a telephone call which lasted 7 minutes according to telephone records. During that conversation we agreed to provide 6 guest rooms for 12 guests with a light breakfast for two night stay over a weekend in August 1014, accommodate photography sessions and provide a dinner for an undetermined number of people. We were told that a representative would make an appointment to visit the property and discuss the fine details and fees for the additional services; however, several days later we received from this potential client an altered deposit check from an unknown party for $250.00 that was deemed unacceptable for deposit by our bank. There was also no communication from their representative about the anticipated visit. Private Hotel + Pure Food, Ithaca, made every attempt to accommodate this party. Our policies about unattended children, deposits on special events and a discussion about the finer details obviously were not understood by their representative and we apologize for any misunderstandings in communication on our part, however we did make those policies very clear.

Michael Casper, CEO Private Hotel + Pure Food, Ithaca

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ithaca
The Statler Hotel at Cornell University
La Tourelle Hotel, Bistro, Spa
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel
#1 of 9 in Watkins Glen

Been to Private Hotel + Pure Food Villa? Share your experiences!