“Superb small hotel in beautiful location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ithaca
Private Hotel + Pure Food Villa
Ranked #1 of 17 Ithaca B&B and Inns
“Superb small hotel in beautiful location”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed one weekend at Private Hotel, and it was my cup of tea! The location is gorgeous, very peaceful and quiet, pastoral with pond. The room was all panelled and floored in beautiful wood, very bright with a pond view. The breakfast is sumptuous with fruit and juice and coffee and a hot entree--delicious. The owner is kind, warm, thoughtful and so hospitable. Michael will take care of you--I was very comfortable there. It is very safe. I was completely at ease. Michael is an amazing person and he is on top of everything at the hotel. This is where I will always stay in Ithaca. I have never stayed at such a rustic but elegant inn.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Found Private Hotel by accident almost 2 years ago when it was opening as Ithaca hotels were all full and visiting my son at Cornell. This was my 3rd visit and this time my entire family joined because everyone had heard so much about the owner, Michael Casper and what an amazing place he runs. No better place to stay in the area. Very quick trip to Cornell (under 10 minutes). Make sure to reserve some time for an absolutely amazing gourmet breakfast. Actually, Michael serves more like 3 breakfasts to each person. He loves to cook and knows his stuff.
See you again soon Michael. Thank you so much, as always.

Room Tip: They are all great.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Ithaca, New York, United States
Reviewed 6 June 2014

NOTE: I stayed at this property as part of a marketing project, which has long been concluded. I am writing this in the capacity of a guest and am not affiliated with this business in any way.

I didn't know places like Casper's existed. It is just about a 15 minute drive away from downtown Ithaca, but offers you such a unique experience. Extremely peaceful surroundings, and you can take a stroll around the property to relax as well. There is a large pond (I don't know if we are allowed to swim in it), a rock garden, and an even more secluded cabin atop the hill nearby, if you are looking for a real no-technology experience (there is no electricity in this cabin).

The rooms themselves are spread across two buildings. The rooms are elegantly furnished with plenty of space. The room that I stayed in had a very large bathroom that is not completely sealed off from the rest of the room (just a solid wall with a door that doesn't reach all the way to the ceiling). They provided me with a dehumidifier that could have been slightly noisy, but I got used to it. The beds are extremely plush -- I cannot imagine anyone not having an amazing night's sleep on it, especially considering that you can enjoy the quiet of the country in the dead of night.

Food was amazing too -- kitchen is very well-stocked and Michael himself is a chef. The great thing is that he customizes the meal to your liking! I have seen a fellow guest ask for fish in the morning and received it.

If you have a car and are looking for a peaceful retreat, you absolutely will not regret staying here. There so much to explore on the land, and simply spending time amidst nature can be very rejuvenating. If you get bored, there is a spa nearby, and the malls aren't very far away either. Perfect for parents visiting!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank JacksonFoo
Sag Harbor, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here for our daughter's Cornell graduation. It's convenient to Ithaca, clean, delightful. We enjoyed our hosts immensely. Two highlights: the freshly ground organic oatmeal we chose each morning, and the sweet outdoor sauna. Terrific experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 28 April 2014

It was our first B&B experience. Was a little nervous first. But Private Hotel + Pure Food is like a 5 star hotel, with more personality! My son forgot his toothbrush and paste, no problem! He booked us wonderful restaurants and made delicious breakfast. I stayed at Blue room and my son stayed at pond view. The rooms are very nice and the location is fabulous. What a view. Wish we had more time to explore. Definitely recommend to anyone!

Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel for a 2 night stay, while my son attended a Cornell admitted students event. Michael was a gracious host and the my room was clean, comfortable and the bed and bedding extremely comfortable! I got a very last minute reservation, so I got the Oak Room, which was just by the kitchen, but Michael made me aware of this prior to my booking. I am an early riser, so the 7 am busting in the kitchen didn't really bother me - they made a concerted effort to keep their noise to a minimum, which I very much appreciated! Breakfast was wonderful and the people staying at the hotel were interesting and fun to talk to! Michael was so helpful in getting us a reservation at a downtown Ithaca hotel on a busy Friday night as well - thank you Michael! Would definitely recommend staying here whenever you are in Ithaca, NY!

Room Tip: Oak Room is right by the kitchen, please be aware of this....
annieja
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My daughter and I visited Ithaca and chose to stay at Private Hotel + Pure Food. We could not have been happier with our decision. Michael was a gracious host. We loved the Zebra room. The bed was heavenly as was our breakfast the next morning. Can't wait to return so we can explore the area which we will be doing soon since my daughter has decided to attend Ithaca College.