“Charming outdoor dining”
Review of Ithaca Beer Co.

Ithaca Beer Co.
Ranked #11 of 264 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: American
Description: Ithaca Beer Company specializes in brewing world-class craft beer. Farm-to-table, American-style fare is served in our lively and modern brewpub restaurant. In addition to year-round favorites like our popular Flower Power IPA, you can also choose from new five barrel beers, a special Thursday night cask, and seasonal selections on rotation in our Taproom. Enjoy dining indoors, or on our patio and lawn in the warmer months. Brewery tours are available on weekends and by reservation.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Charming outdoor dining”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I attended a fairly large going-away party held here. (~50 people coming and going open-house style)

It was a gorgeously warm sunny day, so the event was held on the patio. I'm sure that the lovely atmosphere helped--but the assortment of pizzas and fry "flights" our hosts ordered were absolutely delicious and the service was great. Not only were the staff very attentive in taking drink orders as guests came and went, but they kept an eye on the setting sun and made sure to relocate umbrellas to make sure everyone was comfortable.

I look forward to trying other items on the menu in the indoor restaurant.

• Visited August 2013

Irondequoit, New York
“Good service, good food”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Met up with some friends on a busy fall Saturday for lunch before heading out to explore. i arrived at 1230, the place was very busy, but the hosts were getting people seated quickly (I was late, I was able to go right to my table). Service (more later) was quick, and they my first drink arrived very soon.

On the beer side, Ithaca Brewery offers a good range of choices, my first was the smoked porter which I liked, pleasant flavor and they managed to tame the bitterness that smoked brews can have, though perhaps a little too much.

The menu itself was a bit small, a half dozen sandwiches, a couple of other options, but serviceable. I decided to do a burger, as did one companion, and the third went with the vegan burger (a temptation for me, also). Again, the food was brought promptly, as were all of our other drink orders (my second was the Cascazilla, not too bad. To be fair, I'm not a huge fan of the style, but wanted to mix it up a little).

Portions seemed a little small, which isn't a problem for me, but bigger eaters may be wanting a little. The food was good, however, and even the vegan burger, which have a tendency to be a little mushy, was done very well.

My note about the service. On reflection, it was outstanding. I say that because every request was handled promptly, we never needed to wait to make a request, and it was never intrusive. That last aspect is the one that you don't realize until after the fact - while friendly, they didn't try to be your friends and intrude upon your party. I hope that makes sense. It's when you realize later that your memory of the meal does not include the wait staff, for good or bad, that you have received great service.

Also, a note about the beer - they offer half pints, which is a great size when you may want to try a couple of different brews. Generally at brewpubs I seem to have to choose between a large pint, a pint, or a 12oz, so having this size available was welcome.

Prices seemed a little high, my friends had an appetizer while waiting for me, we each had two beers and our meals, and all wound up putting $26 in to cover the bill and the tip. And I'm just realizing I chipped in for their appetizer! Some friends, eh?

In the end, though, it was worth it, and I will definitely add IB to my Ithaca area rotation.

Watkins Glen, New York
“Can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

A perfect Sunday afternoon with old friends. Our out-of-town-friends are vegan and are huge beer fans. We sat outside in a great setting and enjoyed flights of beer, the "Fry Flight", they had Vegan Burgers, our son had the Pulled Pork. Not only was the setting great, but the service and food were too. We can't wait to go back!

Sayre, Pennsylvania
“1st time and last time going there.”
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

When arriving the place looks busy which is great because we thought it would be a lot of fun. The facility is pretty well put together and presents for a decent party/drinking atmosphere. When we get in there, there is staff all over the place but no one waiting on the customers. Waited almost 20 minutes to get served at the bar. I am not sure if it was because I am heavly tattooed and I dont wear skinny jeans or what, but it seemed as if they purposely ignored our group. For all the hype the place just didnt add up. I won't be back again!

Florida, New York
“Too Bad, So SAD”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The last time we visited Ithaca Beer Co. it was a small time operation with a super friendly guy giving us samples of some really solid beer. Since then, things have changed, they have a big new building and operation with a restaurant. We went in and things seemed very confused and hectic. There were a ton of people working there but nothing was going very smoothly. After a lengthy wait we were seated inside a crowded, small inside dining space. There were several people who waited on us, we finally saw our waitress at the very end, service was just okay, would have ordered more beer if offered to us, but we were ready to leave by the time she came around after our food was served. I ordered a salad, which was advertised as dinner sized but was very small, and I left hungry - it cost $9 – a lot for a side salad advertised as a meal salad. Vegan burger was gooey, slimy and barely edible. The selection is burgers, pizza and salad – all overpriced for the food we got. Beer was okay, we brought our growlers but the prices were so much higher from where we usually get them filled we decided to pass. We defiantly won’t be returning – too bad, so sad, we loved our visit a few years ago…..