“Great Tour!”

Ithaca History Tours
Ranked #6 of 11 Tours in Ithaca
Reviewed 22 September 2013

The tour was very interesting and informative. I’ve lived in Ithaca for 11 years and I had never heard about any of the stories before. I thought the tour guide was very knowledgeable, I would recommend the haunted tour to anyone who likes spooky stories. I’m looking forward to going on the history tour.

1  Thank Dave S
Reviewed 6 July 2013

This tour is definitely great for both those who have been living in Ithaca a while as well as those who are just visiting. Jessie, our guide, was professional but fun and created a very relaxed atmosphere for her tour. We were a quiet bunch, but she was open to questions at any point in the tour. If you are worried it might be a hike, don't worry -- she gives a nice general overview of Ithaca history while walking ten blocks in the downtown area (which for Ithaca is all flat and definitely a bonus). The tour lasts for about an hour and fifteen minutes, and the last half was my favorite.

For those who are scared of ghosts or caring for small children, you don't have to worry about the haunted tour being too frightening -- it's really more of "spooky and mysterious" tour (e.g. UFOs, sledding accidents, Cayuga lake monster). I think I might to try the historical tour in the future since it was clear there is a lot of good history to be found here right in Ithaca. I also hope the tour company pursues other themed walking tours -- romantic couples for Valentine's Day, tours specifically for little kids, and so on.

3  Thank Eli N
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We did the ghost tour and had a great time. I have been living in the area for over ten years and had never known about the Cayuga lake monster, or any of the other historic (and recent) 'hauntings.' Our guide was both knowledgeable and entertaining, and very attentive to the needs of the group and others.

1  Thank Kimonamilo