“great historic place in Ithaca - not for the students”

The Antlers Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 270 Restaurants in Ithaca
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Like our décor, food, prices, and service, our intention is to give you a comfortable, honest homestyle dining experience. We value consistency, getting it right the first time and every time. Discover delightful dining, serving classic American cuisine in a comfortable casual atmosphere.
Reviewed 18 November 2013

this historic restaurant in Ithaca is known for being one of the best gastronomic options that few students can ever afford to treat themselves to. More than just a steak-house, as they provide a number of different locally-sourced dishes. In the decor of a hunting lodge.

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

A bit far from the city, cannot go there without driving. Lobster night was awesome, cheap and tasty lobster!!! Other dishes like duck, meat, or vegetarian were also worth to try. Service was very good.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Having read the very recent reviews of Antlers, it was with trepidation that we headed out to our reservation. We had a reservations, arrived a few minutes early and were seated within 5 minutes of our arrival. We were greeted by our server Sarah, who brought us water, told us about the specials and took drink orders. The restaurant was very busy and it took a few minutes for our drink orders to arrive. I had the lobster bisque which was absolutely delicious although not as hot as I like my food. We also had a small special salad with Cornell apples, pecans, greens, and a yogurt dressing. It was well prepared although I didn't see any grapes in the salad that were listed on the menu. At $6.50 this was maybe a little overpriced for the size of the salad. For entrees, we had the Salmon Diablo, the Roast Glazed Duck and the Scallops au gratin and Crab Cake combo dinner. We all had the garlic mashed potatoes, which were warm, i would have liked them to arrive a little hotter. The green bean side vegetables with butter were well cooked, but again, could have been a bit hotter. The entrees themselves were piping hot however. The entrees were well priced for the portion and quality. Our waitress was very busy, but attentive enough so that we could enjoy ourselves without the overbearing revisits so prevalent today. The decor is "vintage". I don't think they have changed too much since they opened in 1982. I would definitely eat here again.

1  Thank MusicMom57
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

This is a rustic restaurant with great atmosphere and fabulous food.
Old fashioned music playing low and the fireplace going.
Fresh apple harvest salad and lobster bisque to start and prime rib for dinner.
Try the Tiramisu for dessert!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Last night we experienced The Antlers for the first time. We had reservations for 6 pm, but arrived early to have a drink at the bar. The host was uncommunicative and curt. As 6 o'clock approached, we had to flag him down to seat us. He gestured toward a close, enclosed area where 3 other parties followed us in. The waitress served all 4 tables water and she quickly told the other tables about the specials before coming back to take our drinks order. Upon bringing our drinks, she announced that we had probably overheard the specials, so we must be ready to order. We both ordered prime rib, medium rare, and I had lobster bisque and a house salad. Apps arrived, and we both savored the lobster bisque as it was very good. Dinner arrived before we were half done with apps. The waitress firmly wanted to remove the soup, as I was still spooning it into my mouth! Next, I had to instruct her to replace my unfinished salad off her tray as well. She finally left us to eat in peace, but the main meal was cold and underdone. The medium rare was stone cold with only the thinnest bit of brown sear ring. I'd ordered an "add-on" of their signature scallops au gratin but the scallops were cold and raw. When I informed the waitress of the raw state of the shellfish, she took them away and said she would remove them from the bill! She made no offer to fire another dish or place the uncooked scallops under a broiler. The garlic mash was cold, pastey, and flavorless. As I ate the rest of my meal, the waitress reached her arm in front of me to pour the dregs of my unfiltered beer into my glass! Needless to say, we won't be back.

2  Thank Bruce B