“This was a great surprise”

The Antlers Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 278 Restaurants in Ithaca
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Like our décor, food, prices, and service, our intention is to give you a comfortable, honest homestyle dining experience. We value consistency, getting it right the first time and every time. Discover delightful dining, serving classic American cuisine in a comfortable casual atmosphere.
Reviewed 20 November 2015

I don't usually promote or brag about good food or restaurants, we eat
out at various places in Ithaca, Cortland, Binghamton and Syracuse. Last night after our board meeting with the Community center 10 of us went to Antlers in Ithaca (They had their Lobster special) and 6 of the group had the special, I had Chicken Marsella and Linda had a Big Mike and one had Haddock and another the ribs. Everyone was pleased with their meals and the waitress Rachael was great. My thanks to the Antlers and their fine food and staff.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

We stopped here on a Sunday evening with our college student. What a pleasant surprise to find the Sunday three course meal deal. The interior resembles a cozy hunting lodge. The fire is going, the wood paneling is warm and inviting. We all ordered selections off the special menu. The lobster bisque, truly, is fabulous. The London Broil was a big hit and the deserts are just scrumptious. The hot pudding with ice cream was a favorite. I would recommend this place if you are looking for a cozy place away from the university hub-bub. Sunday nights this place is frequented by families of all ages and sizes. It was a truly pleasant evening. Thank you, Antlers.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

Stayed in a B&B near Ithaca, and the proprietor recommended the Antlers. She was right. Steaks were great, drinks were good, and the apple crumble was wonderful. Ambiance is what you'd expect from a place like this, with a big fireplace, and various animal parts on the walls - charming, not kitschy.

The only surprise was the large amount of fish on the menu. If you're not looking to eat steak, there's plenty else to choose from.

Reviewed 14 October 2015

We had a great night out with my college girl and went to the Antlers for the first time. We ordered salad to start and the homemade creamy cheese dressing was so delicious - we even ordered more to top our baked potato with (suggested by the amazing waitress)! Oh heavens - it was yummy. The best part of my meal was the lobster bisque! I have never had such a yummy soup before! I spent my summers in Maine and not once have I had bisque this good! Don't miss it! NIce surroundings and great place to take the family to dinner. Not fancy, but comfortable!

Reviewed 2 October 2015

Had a rare dinner date with just my wife and since this place is really close to home, we decided to check it out. The staff were very friendly and efficient. The food was really good, albeit a tad pricey.