“Love Love LOVE Shortstop!”

Shortstop Deli - Stewart Ave.
Ranked #61 of 261 Restaurants in Ithaca
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Cortland, NY
“Love Love LOVE Shortstop!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

I've been a fan of Shortstop for years, they have the best subs! Fresh baked Italian bread, stuffed with meat and toppings! Everything made to order while you shop around the store. It's great that they have 10 cent drinks with sub purchase! I wish they had indoor seating, but it's nice to go in the summer and take our subs to Stewart Park! There's also a great icecream shop attached, not sure if it's the same owners, but it's good!

Visited February 2013

• Korean first
Goshen, CT
“Hot Truck anytime!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2012

I always come here when I'm in town for the hot truck sandwiches. Not quite the ambience of waiting for an hour in the cold at midnight like when I was an undergrad, but the sandwiches are just as good. And at my age, I kind of like the convenience. The place is well organized with little slips you fill out with what you want, pay while waiting for the sandwich and off you go when it's done.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank crasher1339
Hickory, North Carolina
“Best sandwiches around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

Breakfast, lunch or dinner, they have great food all day long. The bread, the meats....and friendly people working. Love this place!

• Visited August 2012
Montreal, Canada
“YES ! even for vegetarians and vegans !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

The minute I get off the airplane in Ithaca I go directly to Shortstop for a seitan sub or a pizza sub. Short stop is legendary to almost anyone I have met that ever lived in Ithaca. A half sub is perfect, a whole sub puts me over the edge but I usually do it anyway. I think fountain soda is like 15 cents if you buy it with a sub. I miss short stop so much when I am away from Ithaca that I even keep the paper order tickets in my wallet for the delicious memories. If you are anywhere near Ithaca stop in here and get a sandwich. So many options ! you can get your sandwich toasted or cold, on garlic bread or bagel, different cheese options, sauces like bbq , mayo , russian sauce / toppings like coleslaw, great pickles, fresh tomatoes, it's all so good. Staff are fast and friendly, don't forget to get a sub card to earn points towards a free sandwich.

Visited January 2012
NY
“Big grilled sub sandwiches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

Create it, toast it, eat it. A great late-night appetite suppressant.

Visited November 2011