All reviewswafflesithaca collegetypical breakfastnewer propertysmall indoor poolfree wifiother hotelslast minute bookingmicrowave and mini fridgenice lobbyking suitedesk areaa great staybuttermilk fallstop floorclean hotelcomplimentary breakfast
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel because it was a newer hotel. My husband and I stayed overnight on 1/10, it was our first time to Ithaca and we were there for a track meet at Cornell. We checked in around 7pm, and it was quick. When making our reservation we asked for a restaurant recommendation, she suggested Mercado's. While checking in we asked for directions and the gentleman at the desk offered the shuttle. It was great and we were so happy to have the shuttle to drop us off and pick up when we were ready to go back to the hotel.
The room & bathroom were both spotless, the hallways, elevator and lobby were also all clean.
Breakfast was your typical breakfast it was fine. The coffee was hot and fresh. I would stay there again if visiting Ithaca.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Laurie B
Ariel N, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We're so glad we were able to help make your stay in Ithaca a positive one. Don't hesitate to drop by if you're ever in the area again!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

For years I have been coming to Ithaca (for business at Cornell) and have always chosen the Statler. However, as a Marriott Rewards Elite, I decided to give their new property a try. While it is not a full- service, four diamond hotel like the Statler, it is certainly a game changer for the Ithaca hotel market and a FANTASTIC alternative at a considerably lower price. The hotel, as most other reviewers have noted, is excellent. It is new, clean, fresh and modern. And at $74/night plus tax, it was nearly 3x cheaper than the Statler. Plus, with free parking, free wifi, and free parking, choosing this hotel is really a no brainer for the budget-conscious traveler.

On arrival, I drove right past the hotel; I agree with the other reviewer who said the entrance was not very clearly marked. Its location on Elmira Rd. is convenient but a little bland because of how industrial the immediate surroundings are, but you're close to shops, grocery stores, gas stations, and a short drive from Cornell or Ithaca College.

My room was outfitted with two QUEEN (not double!) beds, which was very nice. The furnishings were tasteful and modern, the desk area was comfortable and made me more productive than usual, and the bathroom was nicely outfitted. Towels were a little bit thin and small, so I used two to dry off!

I didn't eat breakfast at the hotel; I'm not a big fan of continental breakfasts. However, I was surprised to find it pretty packed when I walked down in the morning. There is a nice business center in the lobby though only one computer connects to the printer; sadly someone was using it when I needed to print. The pool and fitness center are standard for a hotel of this caliber, though beautiful and sparkling clean.

What sets this hotel apart is the staff. Within the staff, Jack Murphy (the General Manager) is the guy who pulls it all together. He is involved in every single aspect of operations at this hotel; from checking guests in to driving the hotel shuttle to making minor repairs while handling his administrative duties...he is the most hands-on GM I have ever seen in a hotel and his dedication is evident in how the staff respects him and performs. Housekeeping was great, maintenance was great (they are the primary shuttle drivers), front desk was great. No complaints.

If I had to fault the hotel...while a very minor complaint, I find it worth noting that my room appeared slightly "unfinished" around the edges...a missing piece of molding here, the carpeting doesn't line up there, etc. Just very little things and none of them negatively impacted my stay. The staff and overall facility more than compensated for these minor blemishes.

Give it a try; you'll be glad you did!

Room Tip: Rooms away from Elmira Road (towards the back of the hotel) are most quiet!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank arlingtonman13

It sounds like you had a great stay. We value all your feedback and hope you come back for a visit the next time you're in town!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights, and it was very comfortable. It is located on the main route into and out of Ithaca, thus convenient, and also very close to Cornell and other points of interest. The room was fairly spacious, and very comfortable and quiet. There is the typical breakfast, actually quite good with scrambled eggs, waffles, oatmeal and other cereals, etc. Would have liked yogurt, but hey, it's free......

Due to an error, our room was not "housekept" due to an oversight. Mistakes happen, and it was handled well, with apologies, linens delivered by the desk clerk, and an unsolicited reduction in our rate.

The hotel has a small gym, and small pool.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! I'm glad we were able to correct our mistake and hope you'll come back for a visit the next time you're in the Ithaca area!

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Beautiful hotel. Everything Brand New. Opened in August 2013. Needs a bigger entrance sign. If you are heading north on 13 you need to go pass the hotel But again this place is clean+........ Perfect. Everyone was very friendly. Free breakfast was ok. Coffee and tea was always available.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank your taking the time to write your review. I hope you'll think of our property again the next time you're in the Ithaca area!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel due to a nearby sporting event. The hotel opened in Aug. of 2013 and was clean and bright, and the staff was friendly. The room was fine. My only big complaint was the door were so heavy that whenever anyone on the floor left there room, the door slammed and it impacted my sleep. The sheets were a bit scratchy as well. The shampoo, conditioner and soaps were very small. The location to Cornell and Ithaca College is useful. The free breakfast had more options than I expected and seemed fresh. There is a diner right next door if you prefer, but I did not try it. Many dining and shoping options are nearby.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Katherine H

I'm glad your experience at our hotel was a positive one for the most part. Thank you for taking the time to write your review and please consider our hotel again the next time you make plans to visit the Finger Lakes region!