“Pleasant Hotel to Stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Ithaca

Fairfield Inn & Suites Ithaca
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
Toronto, Canada
“Pleasant Hotel to Stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

The hotel had a great location in the town of Ithaca, a lot of state parks to explore. The room was very spacious. Especially the bathroom got a lot of space for a couple move around without bump to each other. The bedding was extremely soft and comfort. Definitely had a good sleep. There was a nice working desk for the business traveller with a lot of electronic outlets for the equipments. This feature was essential for today travelers or family. The room got some artistic elements to make a twist, it was not a traditional boring hotel room feel. Fairfield always provided hot breakfast in the morning, it was great.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Loong97
Jack M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ithaca, responded to this review, 8 December 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We work hard to make sure each guest's experience is a good one. Your feedback is very important to us because it is one of the best ways to measure our progress. Please think of us if your travels bring you back to Ithaca or the Finger Lakes area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Hudson Valley, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Just spent one night at this hotel. This is a new, clean, modern hotel, with lots of convenient plugs near the bed and workstation areas, for your gadgets. Comfortable, firm bed, very modern bathroom with glass enclosed shower with excellent pressure. No hot tub, but there is a small, heated pool. Staff were friendly and efficient. Our room had a microwave and refrigerator. Temperature control worked well. I cannot drink dairy, so I was THRILLED to see soymilk as an option to go with the coffee at the breakfast buffet. I have not seen that at any other breakfast buffet at any other hotel, so I thank you, thank you for that!!! On the other hand, I was disappointed to learn (by asking the worker) that the scrambled eggs contain butter, so I could not eat them.

The only negatives are: it's on a busy road with lots of strip malls, so our view was of auto dealerships. (although if you want to shop, this could be a plus). Also, when we got to breakfast, all the tables were full, so we ended up taking our plates back up to the room to eat. Also, as mentioned above, I wish the eggs were just 100% pure eggs (without the butter).

Still, it was a good experience, and we would stay here again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize about the buttered eggs, that's how the come to us but I have looked into other options. Soy milk is very popular here, I try to have options available for those with dietary restrictions. I am glad hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. Please think of us if your travels bring you back to the Ithaca or Finger Lakes area.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

In fairness, I like the room, the hotel in general, the staff, and the location. It's literally minutes from Buttermilk Falls State Park and every amenity you could possibly need. The pool is nicer than it photographs (very nice, good temperature). For that, I give the hotel a 4 or 5 out of 5.

Downside: we are a family of five put in room 202, directly beside the laundry room. The first time we heard the washer, we honestly thought it was a double-rotor military helicopter. There are no posted hours or staff regulating it's use, so we listened to this till 11:30 and we've been listening to it since just after 6am. I informed the front desk that this was not cool. The person doing their laundry complained to the front desk that they needed their money refunded because I continued to unplug the machine. Unplugging the machine was the most civil thing I could do to try and sleep.

Bottom line is if you spend hundreds on a room to sleep in, getting that sleep is the part you're really paying for. Tip: if you notice you're near a laundry room, and I mean, anywhere near it, request moving rooms.

Room Tip: Do not sleep anywhere near the laundry room
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jack M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ithaca, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and I am glad to hear that most of your stay was acceptable. I apologize that you were disturbed by the guest laundry room. I wish you had informed the front desk sooner so we could have asked the other guest to wait until later the next day to finish their laundry. I am going to implement limited hours of operation on guest laundry so that no one else is disturbed as you were. Again I apologize that you were disturbed during your stay and I hope that you will give us another chance to make it up to you if your travels bring you back to Ithaca.
Colts Neck, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We went to Ithaca for a college visit and decided to stay at the Marriott Fairfield Inn since it was close to the college. Its a new hotel with the same layout as other Fairfield Inn's we've stayed in. The front deck employees were very nice and helpful. The rooms are a decent size with 2 large beds, flat screen TV and nice bathroom. If you do sleep in the bed by the AC unit it is extremely cold at times. The other downside is the hotel is right on a busy street so you do hear the cars. There is a buffet breakfast, which is just ok, stay away from the sausage they didn't look great and tasted worse.

Room Tip: See if you can get a room further away from the street
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. Your feedback is the best way for us to know how we are doing. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to give every guest a worry free and enjoyable stay and it's great to hear that we achieved our goal with your stay. Please think us again if your travels bring you to the Ithaca or Finger Lakes area.
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

As other reviewers have written, this hotel is a newer property and it shows: very nice rooms and decor, nice lobby, helpful staff. We had a very nice stay here.

The only problem is that apparently there's a nearby house with a wood-burning stove or open fire pit (the hotel backs up on a hill), and this meant that we had the stench of wood smoke in our room and in the hallways both nights of our stay. I mentioned it to the front desk and they knew about the problem but felt they couldn't do anything about it. Where we come from there's a recreational fire ordinance that prohibits outside fires that either create a nuisance or are too close to dwellings. I wonder if there's a similar ordinance in Ithaca.

Again, this is a nice hotel. But our eyes were stinging in the evening and we'll probably have to wash all our clothes when we get home. It's like having a campfire next door! Too bad about that neighbor.

Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jack M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ithaca, responded to this review, 29 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad to hear that the aspects of your stay that we could control met your expectations. I apologize for the smoke but alas they are within their legal rights. Please think of us if your travels bring you back to the Ithaca or Finger Lake area.
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I reserved a King Suite for a two-day stay, and made sure that the room was guaranteed with a credit card for late arrival. After driving all day from northern Ontario, we arrived and were offered a handicapped room with a king bed. No suite, no workspace, the small shower required you to sit to take a shower. After complaining, the very rude desk clerk said she could give us a double, but that would mean another guest wouldn't get the room they wanted, she didn't seem to care that we also weren't getting the room we had reserved. She was very snippy and arrogant. She would not give me her employee identification for my letter to Marriott corporate, her only response was that we could talk to the manager next morning. His (Jack M.) response next morning was that handicapped rooms are required by law so that's what was available. He did switch us to a king room, not a suite, for the second night, from which I am writing this review. Since our reservations were made for the price of a king suite, I am completely dissatisfied with the experience, and will not return. The room staff were fine, but the desk staff of this place require retraining to offer solutions, not just boilerplate platitudes.

Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Dale R
Jack M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ithaca, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
I am sorry that you were dissasitisfied with your ADA accessible room. We are set up to accomodate those with disabilities and this requires that we have a certain percentage of rooms for that purpose. On high volume nights this means that guests who did not request ADA rooms will be placed in them. We were able to put you in a regular Queen/Queen room for your first night and a regular King room for the remainder of your stay. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced.
Mercer Island, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed at this quite new hotel several times. Ithaca is still, sadly, somewhat economically depressed, but the positive influence of Cornell's hotel management school just a couple of miles away can be assumed in the excellent performance here. This Fairfield has always proved meticulously clean and comfortable, with very nice staff-- quite a few exceeding expectations in their willingness to help. Rooms are spacious; plenty of electric outlets for chargers, etc., beds are excellent (and I am a finicky sleeper). Hot and cold breakfast items always available in good variety; never ran out. If you have been traveling on an extended trip, as I was, you will appreciate the single washer and dryer pair in laundry room-- coin-op; quarters available at desk. Washer did fine; dryer coin intake sticks and requires staff pounding on it. Do not disturb signs are honored, so your rest is ensured if you use them. Hotel offers convenient location near adequate shopping plazas. An uncommonly decent Walmart (generally not a chain I patronize unless without other local shopping choices) is located nearly across the street if you have forgotten to pack something you need beyond snacks available at the hotel. Overall, great stays.

Room Tip: Highway is busy, so suggest asking for a quiet room that does not front on it.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad to hear that we were a restful stop during your long trip. Please think of us if you are in the Ithaca or Finger Lake area again.